IT.COM

Uniregistry Repricing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just received this email from Uniregistry which seems a bit short on details. What does anyone else think about this.....

We’re adjusting our pricing on October 31st.
Uniregistry is adjusting domain prices to more accurately reflect the value of our platform. Users are already paying less at Uniregistry than anywhere else, and you can keep paying less by simply starting a Domain Perks subscription.

Because of your loyalty we’re offering you early access with special pricing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What are Epik Prices? what are their terms and condition. are they more like netsol where if a domain expire by 1 or 3 days, they charge a fee as a reinstatement fee. Please let me know more as I am looking to move my domains from Uniregistry.

NamePros members pay $8.49 for all-inclusive .COM. Create an Epik account with this link:

http://www.epik.com/?affid=fi6gu9da4

That gives you the NamePros pricing. And then login and check prices here:

https://registrar.epik.com/prices

We cover most TLDs and are continually adding more.

There is no additional cost to renew domains during the grace period. There are no hidden fees. Privacy is free. Domains that are more than 60 days old can be transferred out at will.

We are very familiar with NetSol. Some of their policies are truly Draconian. If you need help with bulk transfer out of NetSol, we offer a free Transfer Concierge to manage that tedious task.

Last edited:
•••
...We are very familiar with NetSol. Some of their policies are truly Draconian. If you need help with bulk transfer out of NetSol, we offer a free Transfer Concierge to manage that tedious task.
Interesting (y)
One thing I love and hate about Epik is Rob's magic hat, which he's constantly getting news about useful and often free services out from... I guess that keeping Epik's clients informed through a newsletter wouldn't be as much fun :xf.wink:

Rob, could you elaborate on how this service works in practice, specifically with regard to transfers out of NetSol?

I was a little late to NetSol's $1 party, consequently have yet to make any transfers out after the initial 60 days are up. I have heard this is no trivial pursuit. My understanding is that there is no facility in their control panel to get Auth-Codes - you need to go hat in hand and ask their support and they are manually sent after a few days "waiting period"...?

To those who had transferred out of NetSol: have I got this about right? Any problem asking them to unlock multiple, say 20 or 50 domains, and getting multiple Auth-Codes at once?

This might actually be better off than getting this done one by one in a control panel :xf.wink:

So at what point does Epik's Transfer Concierge come into play exactly? Once the codes are sent to me, the rest should be pretty straightforward. It's getting the codes, that sounds a bit tedious, but I can't see how a third party (like Epik's Transfer Concierge) can help at this initial stage..?

Last edited:
•••
Interesting (y)
One thing I love and hate about Epik is Rob's magic hat, which he's constantly getting news about useful and often free services out from... I guess that keeping Epik's clients informed through a newsletter wouldn't be as much fun :xf.wink:

Rob, could you elaborate on how this service works in practice, specifically with regard to transfers out of NetSol?

I was a little late to NetSol's $1 party, consequently have yet to make any transfers out after the initial 60 days are up. I have heard this is no trivial pursuit. My understanding is that there is no facility in their control panel to get Auth-Codes - you need to go hat in hand and ask their support and they are manually sent after a few days "waiting period"...?

To those who had transferred out of NetSol: have I got this about right? Any problem asking them to unlock multiple, say 20 or 50 domains, and getting multiple Auth-Codes at once?

This might actually be better off than getting this done one by one in a control panel :xf.wink:

So at what point does Epik's Transfer Concierge come into play exactly? Once the codes are sent to me, the rest should be pretty straightforward. It's getting the codes, that sounds a bit tedious, but I can't see how a third party (like Epik's Transfer Concierge) can help at this initial stage..?

With Epik's Transfer Concierge, you give us your NetSol login and we retrieve the auth codes. It is a manual deal but we have tools and processes that are faster. It is tedious by design but there are countermeasures.

•••
As a side note... @robepik as the registrar representative is spending time and efforts to participate in this thread. This is great. But, what prevents Uniregistry from doing the same? I think I saw various members who are/were Uni representatives... Uni has a lot to clarify here.

Last edited:
•••
As a side note... @robepik as a registrar representative is spending time and effors to participate in this thread. This is great. But, what prevents Uniregistry from doing the same? I think I saw various members who are/were Uni representatives...

Not sure but I talked to Vaughn @ Uni via phone this morning and have scheduled to have dinner with him at ICANN later this month. I will ask him when I see him. It is possible that they are more focused on retail customers as Franky hinted at his last NamesCon keynote. Unlike Uni, Epik is low overhead and has a longer time horizon.We make our margin when a domain investor, who invests in bulk, sells or leases a domain to a retail user. The margin is in serving the retail customer. That strategy works in the long run. However, to execute it requires either low overhead or sufficient working capital. Most institutional private equity investors have a 7 year investment horizon. By now, I imagine that Uni's investors are pressing for margin and cashflow progress. It is even worse as a public company. Been there done that.

Last edited:
•••
If anyone is looking for a new home for their domains we're offering .COM transfers at $8.35 and .IO transfers at $29.95 for all users, with no coupon code needed, no limit on the number of transfers and of course free domain privacy. We'd love it if you checked us out too!

•••
NamePros members pay $8.49 for all-inclusive .COM. Create an Epik account with this link:

http://www.epik.com/?affid=fi6gu9da4

That gives you the NamePros pricing. And then login and check prices here:

https://registrar.epik.com/prices

We cover most TLDs and are continually adding more.

There is no additional cost to renew domains during the grace period. There are no hidden fees. Privacy is free. Domains that are more than 60 days old can be transferred out at will.

We are very familiar with NetSol. Some of their policies are truly Draconian. If you need help with bulk transfer out of NetSol, we offer a free Transfer Concierge to manage that tedious task.

I did signup using the link provided, and clicked on pricing link while logged in. I see $35/Yr renewal price. am I looking at the wrong thing?

upload_2018-10-10_16-50-57.png

•••
I did signup using the link provided, and clicked on pricing link while logged in. I see $35/Yr renewal price. am I looking at the wrong thing?

Show attachment 99783

As discussed via private messaging, looks like you are all set with NamesPro pricing now. Welcome.

•••

When I transfer domains from NetSol. I request the domain from their control panel. Oftentimes I find they have a different count of the 60 day holding period than I do. It's not brain surgery. So I often find I never get a reply after waiting the for 3 days to receive the auth code. I don't ever recall receiving anything useful information, like " this domain is still locked. It will be free for transfer on day X". Instead I just don't get a reply,and I'm left wondering if it's still locked or it's just a crappy control panel which only processes x% of the transfer requests (or something). It seems to have to become more frequent that I never get any auth code and have to ask again. The longest I've have had to wait is for 3 requests (9 or 10 days) before receiving the auth codes.

But I'm told by members on NPs that if you call them they will give you the auth codes on the phone. Although I've personally never tried that.

Last edited:
•••
Well, seems like fun and games :sneaky::sneaky:
Can't wait to initiate my first transfers out from NetSol later this month, when the 60 days are up for the first batch of domains registered end of August...

•••
When I transfer domains from NetSol. I request the domain from their control panel. Oftentimes I find they have a different count of the 60 day holding period than I do. It's not brain surgery. So I often find I never get a reply after waiting the for 3 days to receive the auth code. I don't ever recall receiving anything useful information, like " this domain is still locked. It will be free for transfer on day X". Instead I just don't get a reply,and I'm left wondering if it's still locked or it's just a crappy control panel which only processes x% of the transfer requests (or something). It seems to have to become more frequent that I never get any auth code and have to ask again. The longest I've have had to wait is for 3 requests (9 or 10 days) before receiving the auth codes.

But I'm told by members on NPs that if you call them they will give you the auth codes on the phone. Although I've personally never tried that.

I've tried calling them and they wouldn't give me any auth codes on the phone... told me to wait the 3 days and check my email. Annoying.

•••
I've tried calling them and they wouldn't give me any auth codes on the phone... told me to wait the 3 days and check my email. Annoying.

Strange. I'm sure I've seen posts like that on NP within the last 12-18 months. Perhaps they have changed their policy.

•••
Just chiming in how weird this strategy is for Uniregistry.

Just did the 1500 name plan for a year mainly because I just got done moving a bunch of names to them from another registrar I couldn't stand... and time vs money -- I'm not hip to dealing with time involved in a move again, plus the re-upping another year on each name in the near term.

So for at least a year, I'll stick around.

But... As I'm at 1,482 names... Basically, Uni just capped my names with them to at MOST 18 more... as I have no intention of upping my plan if I were to hit 1,500.

Shooting themselves in the foot, it seems. Why in the world would you want to cap the names your larger customers carry on your platform? Remarkably weird. With all those names, I've contacted their support team maybe 5 times over the past few years... so it's not like I'm generating some personnel costs either. ;)

•••
I've contacted uniregistry several times, always to ask them to remove a domain from their market they have listed for sale.

Really don't want them selling my domains from under me.

That is something they need to fix.

This is a simple money grab.

They could have raised prices 5c to 20c and no one would have batted an eye.

But charging $100+ upfront means big dollars.

My concern isn't just the added costs attached, but the possibility that uniregistry is vulnerable and desperate for cash

•••
Thats a shameful practice to push existing clients to pay subscription fee. I hope that more people will move away from them.
Shame on you Frank Schilling.

•••
So, was getting the alert to subscribe to their Domain Perks to maintain pricing, then the constant reminders stopped (end of October?)

November is about to roll over into December...

...and I am still (seemingly) being offered my old renewal/registration prices.

Not sure when the price hike is coming, but I assume soon...perhaps a piece of coal Christmas gift depending on how long it takes them to follow through.

•••
Last email stated December 6, as a deadline.

•••
Seem to have missed that one.

It's a very poorly made choice on their part.

Currently transferring out

They need two clients at my level to cover what they loose from me leaving...

...I'm a small fish.

If they loose a big fish, then that's two big fish they need to cover them...or a crap ton of small fish.

The maths leaves me looking sideways at uniregistries decision.

•••
I have read somewhere that they have decided to move into retail market. Weird decision IMHO and it doesnt justify their decision anyway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back