IT.COM

question .uk domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CharlieTango

Established Member
Impact
Hey all.

I own the dot co dot uk version of my domain and today i purchased the dot UK.

As the owner of the dot co dot uk domain I had the rights reserved for the dot UK domain, I thought I may as well have it. In your opinion, apart from the obvious of protecting my own domain, is there any other benefits from owning the dot UK domain? Should I just aim it at my current website?

regards,
Lee

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does .uk resolve faster than .co.uk? If so, it might be better to use the uk as the primary, and alias the co.uk

•••
Thing is though I've established the primary domain over 9 years now and don't want to have to do all the leg work again :/

•••
Does .uk resolve faster than .co.uk? If so, it might be better to use the uk as the primary, and alias the co.uk

I have always found that the .co.uk sells at a faster rate than the .uk. As a matter of course, and depending on the domain, I always snap up the .uk, as it can appeal particularly if selling as a package. The .uk is becoming more known in the UK, although it has some catching up to do

Last edited:
•••
I wasn't referring to the sales potential, but to the DNS resolution. With one fewer level I wondered if there was a marginal speed improvement.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back