NameSilo

question CO.UK vs .UK?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

domaindevil

Established Member
Impact
137
I am not from the UK but have a few .uk/co.uk domains.

I am about to develop a project and have both the .uk and the .co.uk domain. Which one should I use as my primary domain? What are people in the UK used to see/type/use? Is the trend changing in any way?

I will 301 the secondary to the primary domain.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi domaindevil, i would go with .co.uk as your primary for the time being. The .uk may win out in the long term but Joe Public are used to .co.uk and .com.
 
1
•••
Hi domaindevil, i would go with .co.uk as your primary for the time being. The .uk may win out in the long term but Joe Public are used to .co.uk and .com.

So they are nowhere near a "flippening" at the time being?
 
0
•••
I don't think so. I have a few .uk's but mostly .co.uk and .com. On Domainlore, an auction site for .co.uk and .uk people often sell both together.
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back