IT.COM

UFC 101 Results

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Here are the quick results for UFC 101:

UFC 101 Results: Preliminary Fight Cards
Welterweight: Jesse Lennox wins by TKO vs Danillo Villefort R3
Lightweight: George Sotiropoulos wins by submission (Kimura) vs George Roop R2
Welterweight: Matt Riddle wins by Unanimous Decision (29-27, 30-26, 30-27) vs Dan Cramer
Middleweight: Alessio Sakara wins by Split Decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28) vs Thales Leites
Welterweight: John Howard wins by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29,29-28) vs Tamdan McCrory
Lightweight: Aaron Riley wins Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) vs Shane Nelson

UFC 101 Results: Main Fight Cards
Lightweight: Kurt Pellegrino wins by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) vs Josh Neer
Middleweight: Ricardo Almeida wins by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) vs Kendall Grove
Welterweight: Johny Hendricks wins by TKO vs Amir Sadollah R1
Light Heavyweight: Anderson Silva wins by TKO vs Forrest Griffin R1
Lightweight Championship: BJ Penn wins by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) vs Kenny Florian R4

If you want to read a play by play, go to my blog:

Beat Down » Blog Archive » UFC 101 Results

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wanted Kenny to beat Penn but dam. Anderson did pretty good funny how Griffin ran to the back after the match think he was embarrassed.

•••
Heh, I didn't get to see that fight (SILVA v. GRIFFIN) but I heard he had a pretty brutal knock out on Griffin :P Trying to find a video now

•••
I watched and seriously Anderson controlled the match he did what he wanted with Griffin. The knockout came from a good opening and took Griffin of his feet easily.

•••
I just seen the video, and I can't quit laughing.

Griffin got put on his butt a few times, and then Anderson is playing with him, letting Griffin get hits in, but they aren't anything. Then it is one of the weakest hits of the night, and it knocked out Forrest. I am dying lol.

•••
Anderson schooled Griffin. It was incredible to watch. He made Forrest look like an amatuer. I was amazed and shocked. Who can take on Anderson Silva now? He is more than dominant in that division. He is a monster. He has no holes in his game.

I'd like to see GSP go up a class and see if he can have a go with him.

We have right now some die-hards in championship positions starting with the heavyweight Lesnor. He is just too big to get beaten. That division is dead. Now we have the middleweight locked up too.

•••
Dana White the president of UFC did say that Anderson would have to fight a few more fights to go up in rank to fight Machido but at the same time Anderson said he won't fight Machido because their friends.
In the end Mr.White did say he would get them to fight.

Lesnar will defend his title at UFC 104 if im correct against the winner of the match between Couture vs. Nogueira that will take place August 29th 2009 UFC 102.

•••
He is just too big to get beaten

I don't believe that he is unbeatable, not just because of his size at least. I've watched this sport from it's inception. I remember back when they had no weight classes in the first few UFC championships. When the likes of Gracie and Shamrock ruled the octagon. It was never about the size of a man or his power. I've seen many bigger opponents destroyed by the smaller man.

Just remember; It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

•••
i totally forgot that UFC was on....boo oh well next time. Thanks for the results

•••
Brock Lesnar isn't just size what makes him good is his drive to be the best. He is a good fighter and has the atheletic abilities, but I think it's also how he views his fights and so on.

•••
I've watched this sport from it's inception.

Same here.

It was never about the size of a man or his power.

This is partially true but in todays UFC the weight classes are vital. Just look at GSP beat down of Penn. It goes to show what 20 pounds of muscle can do. Lesnor is unfortunately 40 pounds or more heavier than most of his opponents. Sure he can get beaten but let's be realistic. Everyone is an underdog and it's not because of skill level. Mir and Couture are way better than Brock. Brock has to just lay on you to win. He can tire out anyone in one round then just pulverize them in round two. I would like to see Lesnor get into a 4th round. He would for sure be beat but who can fend off that weight for that long? Randy was totally winning the fight until Brock just grazed him to put him out. Those hands are giant. It doesn't take much to put a guy down.

And to make it worse...Lesnor isn't completely without talent. Example is a big guy like Tim Silvia...not as big as Lesnor but still a big guy. However he is not talented. He isn't a master of anything and relies on his size imho. Lesnor is so much worse. Larger, faster, and more talented. He has ruined the division completely in my view. It could be years before he goes down. Most UFC fans I know don't even like the guy. He is an ass.

Overall I like the direction of UFC but I think it's right now slightly stagnant in a couple divisions. The era of Pride fights is pretty much over. One thing I am looking forward to is Ortiz fighting again but I can only hope his injuries and surgeries are behind him. He is talented enough to fight Silva imho.

•••
lol...I miss the good old days of the Pride fights. I agree that his sheer size makes him formidable. That and the obvious fact that he likes inflicting pain...lol. I just don't see him as unbeatable. I think maybe a lighter weight would give him trouble. Someone who is evasive enough but still with enough firepower to hurt him when he gets an opening. Remind you of anyone who just fought??

I also agree that he's not without talent but he's not the best I've ever seen. Remember Ali wasn't supposed to beat Foreman either.

I misss Ortiz as well. There is a man who was born to fight.

•••
Here are my thoughts on Lesnar:

He is big, yes. But his control is useless. He gets in there, starts swinging, and won't stop. Look at his bout with Frank Mir the first time - Lesnar's defense was shot in that fight, and he got tapped out. He puts sheer force behind him, but no defense. He needs to work on block punch. That's going to be his greatest down fall. If he would learn Muy Thai, he would be a monster!

I misss Ortiz as well. There is a man who was born to fight.

Miss Ortiz eh? Well click this link and get your read on - you should be happy.

•••
You really think Machida wants to fight Lesnor? I can't see it happening. I am not even sure the fans want to. If Machida gets beat down what does he gain? Although logically I agree with you that his ability to not get hit would be awesome against Brock.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back