IT.COM

UDRP UDRP

NameSilo
Watch

Wass

Established Member
Impact
For me The existence of UDRP = dictatorship: if I'm the first to buy a domain I think it is not correct that someone else takes my domain. He can buy another domain...
This is my opinion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me The existence of UDRP = dictatorship: if I'm the first to buy a domain I think it is not correct that someone else takes my domain. He can buy another domain...
This is my opinion.

I think you have some screws lose.
But thats just me

•••
UDRP is not about taking someone else's domain, it is about taking someone else's identity, albeit prone to misuse.

•••
personally, I have never had problems with the UDRP.
I think you have some screws lose.
But thats just me
Personally, I have never had problems with the UDRP...

•••
personally, I have never had problems with the UDRP.

Personally, I have never had problems with the UDRP...

Then why do you write about something you don`t no anything?

•••
•••
:cautious:

I always feel like someone is watching me!

•••
As long as the mankind exists, conflicts can always come up.
In this sense, some kind of court is necessary.
The UDRP is some kind of a court for domain conflicts.

The possibility of an UDRP makes many things much easier.
If there would not be such a possibility, every domain conflict must be resolved at a normal court - this would be an enourmous effort for every who is involved and therefore it would also cost much more.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Existence of UDRP = The possibility of decisions like this

The existence of any process of human decision making will certainly result in bad decisions. What else is new?

•••
The existence of any process of human decision making will certainly result in bad decisions. What else is new?
That's why I don't like human decisions and I am against the existence of decisions if they are not necessary... I saw some catastrophic verdicts in boxing...O_o :banghead: ... in boxing maybe the human decision is necessary if there isn't a KO but here no because "first come first served". This is my opinion...

Last edited:
•••
That's why I don't like human decisions

Yes, well, I too will welcome our alien lizard overlords when they show up to run things. But, until then, we'll just have to make do.

•••
Yes, well, I too will welcome our alien lizard overlords when they show up to run things. But, until then, we'll just have to make do.

No, the aliens are in humans if humans are able to understand it and to be free...
But it's difficult...

•••
As long as the mankind exists, conflicts can always come up.
In this sense, some kind of court is necessary.

Not necessarily. People were beating one another on the heads with rocks and sticks for much longer than we've had courts. I'm undecided on whether courts work better than rocks and sticks.

•••
Not necessarily. People were beating one another on the heads with rocks and sticks for much longer than we've had courts. I'm undecided on whether courts work better than rocks and sticks.

If you are speaking of 'proven corrupt courts / juridical systems - respectively proven corrupt judges / employees' - I can understand your opinion.
But 'rocks and sticks' are nothing other than the 'primitive version' of 'bombings' (which are much more atrocious than rocks and sticks of course).

There are different kinds of 'wars'.
One is the 'domain war' (fighting to get / defend a / some domains/s).

So, if there is a 'domain war' coming up, the focus should allways be on finding a fair and peacefull solution to avoid the 'domain war'.
The 'all - time - best - solution' to avoid a 'domain war' is simply talking / arguing directly to each other.
But as we all know or can see, it's not always possible to talk / argue 'endless' directly to each other (because one side will lose it's patient) - so some kind of 'final judgment' is simply necesarry if this point is reached.

If a direct talking / arguing doesn't help - in other words, if this will not avoid a 'domain war' (means, that it was not possible to find a direct, personal solution with the other side), the 'domain war' is here.
In this case I allways would prefer a 'spiritual domain war' (finding a solution through arguing in front of a uninvolved person = domain judge = UDRP instead of any 'physical domain war'.

In other words, I am a friend of finding civilized solutions through 'domain courts (WIPO)' and their 'proceedings (UDRP)' and not through stones / sticks when fighting to get / defend a / some domain/s.

Fight for your right - in the best way.

If you lose a 'domain war', the other side wins it.
If you win a 'domain war', the other side lose it.
Isn't that fair?

Last edited:
•••
I hear you, but sometimes I think that whacking the other side over the head with a stick would simply be more efficient and, ultimately, more satisfying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back