Dynadot

"Typo" site Pets vs. Petz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I own an interesting "typo" site, UbiPets(dot)com. Site have got around ~200 visitors each month since 2008 december. All visitors are trying to go to UbiPetz(dot)com site, which is a site for UbiSoft's toy called UbiPetz. Toy was releazed on December.

Do you see any business opportunities for this site?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, I see countless business opportunties and also see countless TM violations.

You could set up an affiliate link and make money off your typo commissions, park the domain and earn revenue or develop the site and earn money from monetizing the domain.

However, you're taking a big risk, there was a case about a few years back where someone registered a dell typo and was making commissions off his affiliate links, he got sued by Dell and lost the case...

I would seriously look into this type of activity very deep before moving forward!

Good Luck.

•••
Well, I have registered UbiPets.com earlier than UbiSoft registered UbiPetz.com. I understand that I would exploit UbiPetz business.

•••
I own an interesting "typo" site, UbiPets(dot)com. Site have got around ~200 visitors each month since 2008 december. All visitors are trying to go to UbiPetz(dot)com site, which is a site for UbiSoft's toy called UbiPetz. Toy was releazed on December.

Do you see any business opportunities for this site?

I, like the other poster, see some TM problems. Even though you registered it earlier, they can still put up a fight if they wanted to, and you know they probably have more money for lawyer fees than you do.

Besides the negligent revenue from cash parking, I don't really see too much of a business opportunity in that URL.

Hope this helps,

-Jim

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back