NameSilo

strategy Twitter Trending Topic Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Check

Established Member
Impact
Hello! I am a programmer and in my free time I made a tool that checks the status of .com domains for the trending topics on Twitter (hashtags and phrases) It is fun and you can use it at this link :)

http://domaincheckplugin.com/trending

It updates every ~30 minutes and archives every day so you can kinda mindlessly go through and enjoy the funny ones and get some creativity going. If you click the hashtag/trend it will take you to Twitter so you can see what it means. If you click on a Taken domain it will take you to the site. If you click on an Available domain it is my affiliate code (be my first $1!) The Twitter account tweets out the most popular available domain every hour :)

The bot has been live for 2 weeks, this is the data its pulling and running on, and its all lot more valuable and funnier than I expected. It tweeted available domains like makedonalddrumpfagain.com (because John Oliver didn't buy the domain to match the hashtag) and things like trapcovers.com, strippernamefails.com, demtownhall.com, christieface.com... the list goes on!

One of the comments yesterday was that good investors may have tools like this private because people notice trending phrases that would otherwise never get registered becoming registered quickly. I do not know if that is true or not, but I tagged this post "strategy" so I can feel like I made something awesome. I actually made it just for fun because I like programming and wanted to blow off steam after my plugin :)

I hope you like it!

This also is the Twitter account if you would like to see it: https://twitter.com/domaincheckplug

Disclaimer: the trends and domains are generated automatically and do not reflect my views or opinions. I have filters in for really bad stuff but the Internet is a very creative place sometimes.

I posted this in the Domains List yesterday and people really liked it and said it would be OK to repost in the main discussion thread so more people would see it and talk about it. I am still very shiny and new here, I do not want to get banned, sorry mods if this is dupe content plz feel free to kill it with fire :|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Just checked, very informative and learning.

•••
Nice tool. Even some two-word 'make sense' dictionary names there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back