Dynadot

question .tw or .com.tw?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Can an expert or native Taiwanese confirm which is more widely accepted in Taiwan?

.tw? or .com.tw or .com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am from Taiwan and I can confirm that the most widely used TLD was .com.tw but it seems like that .tw has recently surpassed .com.tw, and there are also some people using .com but small businesses still prefer .com.tw better than .com or .tw.

•••
Got it any legitimate Taiwanese business will go with .com.tw? And not .tw?

or is it one of those situations where a company would want need them all like .tw and .com.tw and .com?

I own the .tw probably should go with the .com.tw? It’s been available all this time.

•••
Why would you ever want to invest .tw?:wideyed:
My only .tw domain is 1.cn.tw, lol...it's an extremely rare extension.

•••
Because the .com wasn't available and the domain is a generic but exact match for "something big" that everyone in Taipei will see soon everyday.

Something similar I saw recently used the .com.tw which made me question my .tw.

But I am wondering if they will go with just the .com or want all? I think I will now get the .com.tw thanks

•••
.com.tw is a common extension since the yahoo era, ppl are still used to it, .com.cn was more popular than .cn but somehow it was subverted. maybe .tw will end the same way.
Something big:sneaky:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back