IT.COM

Trying Sedo Sales Landers!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
I recently put my portfolio of around 200 domains (almost all hand registered) on Sedo, at first I was getting less than 100 uniques per day across the whole portfolio from the parking Landers that provide ad links, then I switched to the Sales Landers without any ads and I noticed that the number of uniques for the whole portfolio increased by ten folds overnight.

I find that very impressive even though I haven't received any offers yet, now I know that a lot of that traffic is from bots, but does anyone know what percentage is from real visitors, and from the ones that are real which ones are direct typing and which ones are from people who are seeing the domains at Sedo.

I like the new Sales Landers at Sedo, but I wish they would start providing more accurate stats that show all the details.

A few of my domains are old from the original release date like:

Airline.US

and

Depression.US

But a lot of them are hand registrations from the past couple of years, there are some that I hand registered as recently as couple of months ago like:

SuperEncrypted.com

Or

MeetGlobally.com

I only need to sell a few domains so that I can pay for my renewals and rather to be able to hang on to most of them on the long term basis.

I hope that all the increased traffic from the Sales Landers is eventually going to translate into some actual offers, but right now I really don't know what to think of these stats.

IMO

PS: all my domains are currently set to Make Offer.

Any advice is appreciated, but all opinions and comments must be on topic and must be on the professional, constructive, and respectful side.

20200724_074306.gif
20200724_074421.gif

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to say that; but I see pretty much the same thing and nothing like increased sales happening...

I used to have 200-300 uniques a day on my sedo portfolio while using parking (not a sales lender). After I switched to sedo landing pages, I get ~1000 - 5000 uniques (doesn't make sense right?) but no increase in sales.

My best guess is, those have to be scrapers/crawlers analysing possible flip opportunities or something like that. 200 - 300 uniques seems far more realistic (as I have whole portfolio parked using my own solutions, stats measured using GA).

Last edited:
•••
It's nice sedo have made an effort and built landers, but it's too much.
Too many different landers, too many options.
The old, simple domain offer page you get when you search for a domain is much better.

We want that one on a simple ns3 ns4 sedo without having to do any redirect.

I appreciate the effort of making multiple landers, but the classic offer page is much better.
Make it happen on ns3 ns4 sedo.
@Sedo

•••
They don't filter any bots...
Forget this stats, it is useless.

•••
They don't filter any bots...
Forget this stats, it is useless.

I kind of knew that, hence the reason that I created this thread, I like to see Sedo provide more accurate and detailed stats, the number of unique visitors is an important factor that helps us sort out our domains depending on the level of interest that they receive from visitors and thus the numbers provided by Sedo have to be as close to real as possible, now I can accept a small percentage of the uniques being associated with bot traffic, but if it's more than 10 to 20 percent then that is going to cross the lines into providing misleading info.

This is an Industry wide problem as I have noticed that many domains show greatly inflated number of visitors at many different auctions and sale venues.

False or inflated stats can become a big problem for those who are not in the know and take these numbers seriously, but even for those who know that they are false it would be nice to be able to have some idea as to by what percentage they are off.

I am interested to know what percentage of the number of uniques is real at Sedo (as to not being from bot traffic).

IMO

Last edited:
•••
The most accurate traffic stats you can see with ParkingCrew...
Bodis and Dan botfilters are also good, as 2nd choice.

•••
now I can accept a small percentage of the uniques being associated with bot traffic, but if it's more than 10 to 20 percent then that is going to cross the lines into providing misleading info.
On Sedo it is at 90%+ level.

•••
75% of my sales have been on Sedo, and I also switched to the newer sales landers earlier this year. I actually like that they give you options, in terms of a light background, dark background, etc.

It's a massive improvement over parking (in my opinion), and the pages look great on mobile.

However, a few weeks ago, I moved most of my names (except for the German keywords) to DAN, in order to test out their platform. Also really nice landing page designs, and I loved how easy it was to add my domains.

It's too soon to tell anything with DAN, especially since most of my names are "Make Offer," but I seem to be getting some views, but no offers.

Whereas I've had 2 offers on Sedo in the past month. (I have a small portfolio: 350 names).

When I switched from parked pages to the Sedo sales landers, I saw the same uptick in traffic as you — and I suspect it's because parked pages have a lot more filters in terms of bots, and what qualifies as a "unique view."

What I like about Sedo landers is that they show the number of offers a name has gotten over the years. That, in itself, can be a motivating factor, I think. I also like the stats about which countries the visitors (or bots, I guess) are coming from. In comparison, DAN doesn't really provide any data.

•••
On the average, 95% bots.
Not all bots are bad, anyway. For example, search engine bots.
But there are myriad of very toxic bots, but that's another story, for another day, for another topic.

Last edited:
•••
On the average, 95% bots.
Not all bots are bad, anyway. For example, search engine bots.

As bots get more and more intelligent and start crossing the lines into the realm of AI it makes me wonder even if bot traffic can somehow be an indicative of the popularity and value of a domain. Of course that all depends whether the bots are smart enough to discriminate between different domains or not.

Nevertheless we should not be kept in the dark as to the sources of traffic that create the stats and as to what is considered to be a unique visitor and over what interval of time each visitor is considered to be unique.

It's time to establish some Industry wide standards for stats and how they are calculated.

IMO

•••
As bots get more and more intelligent and start crossing the lines into the realm of AI it makes me wonder even if bot traffic can somehow be an indicative of the popularity and value of a domain. Of course that all depends whether the bots are smart enough to discriminate between different domains or not.

Nevertheless we should not be kept in the dark as to the sources of traffic that create the stats and as to what is considered to be a unique visitor and over what interval of time each visitor is considered to be unique.

It's time to establish some Industry wide standards for stats and how they are calculated.

IMO
You've bunch of parameters to pin-point with satisfactory accuracy whether or not visits are from bots or humans. Problem: very resources intensive, especially if done real-time.

•••
You've bunch of parameters to pin-point with satisfactory accuracy whether or not visits are from bots or humans. Problem: very resources intensive, especially if done real-time.

True, but there are a few places that are providing accurate stats as indicated in the thread already by others, but some of the biggest and oldest companies in the Industry that have the greatest means and resources seem not to be taking the responsibility of providing accurate stats seriously enough and that has to change.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
.....on Sedo, at first I was getting less than 100 uniques per day across the whole portfolio from the parking Landers that provide ad links, then I switched to the Sales Landers without any ads and I noticed that the number of uniques for the whole portfolio increased by ten folds overnight.....

I have seen numerous other threads like this over the years where it's said traffic was vastly different based on the type of landing page used such as no ads vs with ppc ads, or a nice looking page vs a plain page, etc. A ten-fold difference seems incredible. In fact, any noticeable difference would be surprising.

Unless I am entirely entirely missing something I see no way a landing page could effect traffic. How does a site visitor know in advance what your landing page looks like? Especially type-in visitors. So why would he be more inclined to visit a page based on the landing page having no ads on it because he does not have a way to know that info in advance, until,he actually arrives on the landing page?

P.S. Th only explanation I can think of is maybe by design Sedo does a good job filtering out and not counting BOTS and spam on the ppc pages but do no filtering at all on the no ads pages. If that is going on it could explain why sales would be the same regardless of reported hits. Using your chart as an example, for sale inquiries can be the same with 200 non-bot hits vs 1,200 hits with bots if 1,000 were from spam and bots.

Last edited:
•••
Using your chart as an example, for sale inquiries can be the same with 200 non-bot hits vs 1,200 hits with bots if 1,000 were from spam and bots.

And that's the whole point here, including 1000 uniques generated by spam and bots is just not an acceptable practice anymore now that Sedo has introduced such nice Sales Landers. Although a small percentage of the uniques might always be from bots, but having it to the point that over 90% are fake uniques is honestly just too much to accept as being the norm anymore.

Providing fake stats not only is unfair to domainers who depend on these numbers to sort out their domains, but also is going to mislead the end users who factor in the amount of traffic that a domain gets in their decision to purchase that domain.

IMO

•••
The traffic is still increasing, got around 1400 uniques the other day (for my portfolio of around 200 domains that was getting less than 100 uniques a day just a week ago before I switched to the new Sales Landers).

20200726_185401.gif

I am assuming that it's all bot traffic as everyone here already said, but if the majority of the uniques are real and is the result of using the new Sales Landers, then all I have to say is Good Job @Sedo.

Either way a little more clarity from Sedo about the stats would surely be helpful.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back