Dynadot

discuss Trip down Nostalgia lane

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
So....I was having a chat with my partner last night and during the conversation she asked whatever happened to one of my first .com registrations "SlipperyHippo.com" I told her I dropped it after 1 year but was really torn about it, not because it was worth a great deal of money, I just really liked the name :xf.smile:

She told me (politely) it was a worthless pile of junk and I would do well to forget about it.....hard to do as every time we had watched a nature documentary the name popped back into my head. I never bothered checking if it was still available, made my decision and stood by it....

so after some back and forth on the merits of the name we had a bet, I said I bet someone else has regged it, she was like no way and...........

:xf.eek: Lo and behold!!! - SlipperyHippo.com was not only registered by someone they loved it enough to throw up (was going to call it a website, but well you can see for yourself) :xf.grin: more like a landing page?

https://slipperyhippo.com/

He looks so happy.......:xf.laugh:

So I sit here not only having won a meaningless bet (though that feels nice) but with a warm sense of (misplaced) pride that one of my very first .com hand regs has found a loving home (y) though I didn't get to profit from it :xf.rolleyes:

Trying to end this with a moral of the story angle, but dam I'm just going to enjoy the moment.....

probably posted in the wrong section......

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back