NameSilo

Trexhost out of business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
To our beloved customers, Due to recent complications and events occurring at TrexHost.com, ourdoors will be closing. These last two years have been the most amazing,educational years of our lives here at TrexHost, strong bonds have beenestablished with our customers, and we don't have to see these customerrelations end. The reason of our closure is in part due to the absence of the owner asmany of you have become familiar with. As of this moment due tocircumstances beyond James control, we believe for the sake of our owncustomers that this is the best option. We have been unable to cope withthe problems we were left with. None of us have had contact with him in over amonth and we do not believe he will return. Over the last few months I, Michael Hobgood, and Steven Pecroni have workeddiligently in order to try to keep things running smoothly all of whichwithout pay. I, along with Brent Hartzell,formed a new company known as RisingWebWorks.com,formed in early 2007, which has been growing rapidly. I amconfident our staff and quality services will exceed those formerly presentat TrexHost.com. We would like to encourage each and every single one of you to signup withour new company http://RisingWebWorks.com/. Once you have done this,please open a ticket with us and include your domain/user/pass for youraccount at Trexhost and modify your name servers and we will transfer youraccount to our machines as soon as possible. We have full access toTrexhost's serves while they remain online and can resolve any problemsthat arise. Benefits: Free Transfer (We will transfer your hosting/reseller account for free)Higher Performance ServersReliable & Knowledgeable Server Administrators The server specifications are as follows:Quad Core HarperTown 2.5ghz2-4GB ECC Registered Ram100MBPS UplinkcPanel/WHM with FantasticoProudly housed at SoftLayer Datacenter We may charge a little more than you currently are paying at the moment,but because of this the performance of our servers will greatly exceedwhat they have been with Trexhost, be assured though that you will receivetop of the notch hosting services and will not have issues with highloads, slow technical support, and other various problems. A few last points I want to mention:- Please remember to cancel your current subscription with TrexHost.com - Rest assured your issues will be handled as promptly as possible. Ifneeded, a billing date adjustment will be performed. We will work with youto keep you online. - There will be a few differences between TrexHost service and the serviceprovided here at RisingWebWorks.com. We will not, NOT tolerateinfringement of our Terms of Service. As many of you may know, Mailspamming/ blacklists were a constant problem at TrexHost.com as the ownerpreviously allowed such activities on the servers which is why so many ofyou cannot send emails to hotmail/yahoo/aol. You will not have the sameproblem with us. - Many of you all have dealt with Steven Pecroni and I personally, andknow that we are both of us are willing to do what is in your bestinterest to keep you online. We understand your business's and websites areimportant. I realize many of you are going to have questions. Please feel free tocall our office directly at 443-569-5052 or email me([email protected]). You can also contact Steven Pecronie byemail at ([email protected]), or you can also chat with our livechat technicians or submit a ticket through our client area. It is unfortunate that Trexhost has had to close but it is in the bestinterest of everyone involved for the time being. If you have anyquestions please make sure to contact us. We will work with you to ensureyou are happy and things go smoothly and we will like to thank you foryour patience during these last few months. I will look forward to those of you who choose to signup with us at http://RisingWebWorks.com/ shortly. Michael HobgoodFormer Vice President, Trex Technologies LLCCEO, RisingWebWorks.com

Really bad news :td: is it true?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"beenestablished" "customerrelations" "owncustomers" "tolerateinfringement" just to point out a few errors. It looks like it was written by a 5yr old...

That reminds me.. I wonder what happened between that Eddie / Carl kid and Trexhost?

•••
exponent said:
"beenestablished" "customerrelations" "owncustomers" "tolerateinfringement" just to point out a few errors. It looks like it was written by a 5yr old...

That reminds me.. I wonder what happened between that Eddie / Carl kid and Trexhost?

It's possible when he copied and pasted from an email/forum/etc the breaks were removed.

•••
RisingWebWorks.com,formed in early 2007, which has been growing rapidly

Domain Name: risingwebworks.com
Created: 2008-01-10
Expires: 2009-01-10

NS1.RISINGWEBWORKS.COM (has 1 domains)

•••
Where did you find this? Are you a Trexhost customer?
I am not sure how legit is this. May be some one from Trexhost will come and clear the situation.

•••
i've received this email,

•••
Could be them hiding.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=4930649#post4930649 to see proper grammered quote.

"Domain Name: risingwebworks.com
Created: 2008-01-10
Expires: 2009-01-10"

Liars?

Damn.. I'm not sure about this.. seems suspicious.. we wont get a confirmation though, but that thread above is active.

Edit:

Nothing on trexhost website or forums...

Last edited:
•••
ah maybe the owner didn't pay michael anything:p so Michael opened a new hosting to burn trexhost:p

•••
jackheskett said:

And again, in that thread we have:
RisingWebWorks.com,formed in early 2007

It is legit. I am the owner of RisingWebWorks.com....
...RWW has been in the works for a month or so now

But then later on it's explained:
we were formerly known as RisingHost.net which was indeed registered early 2007

And on the whois for RisingHost.net? It's trexhost! name: Trexhost Domains. email: @trexhost.com

Nothing about this adds up.

•••
Maybe that is not very good try in rebranding?
Just as a guess.

•••
Everyone should find a new host, and get well away from the suspicious hosting sites.

Get a reputable host, there are a few about here at namepros, and be happy!

How this is playing out is silly.. more truths are going to be uncovered.

•••
Could the 2007 and 2008 be a 'typo'. I still date an occassional check 2007. Did it again yesterday.

•••
well i not sure what is going on but i have over 100 sites with trexhost i did not get any email from james about this my sites been down all day now i have a feeling im screwed

•••
so it's been how long now so far?

•••
well i have a feeling this is true however i would think they would be a bit more professional and use other terms on contacting you besides email because i never got anything and they have closed which means i have also just lost over 100 sites data :td:

•••
Well .. although i also had small site..
but me got the email..... but as i was sacred
i moved to new one..

•••
•••
I would like to add to this discussion. When my host contacted me about what was going on and forwarded the email of trexhost shutting down, i went into my cpanel to get a backup of mysql and files. Well the files was no problem but seems like someone decided to kill the mysql. So i could not get a backup of that. When my host finally got in contact with the people at risingwebworks.com who supposely has control of it. They finally turned it back on. So now lets get to the but.
While i was downloading my backup i had thought i had it all. I keep my sites running top notch so i know what i am fixing to say was not my fault.
My host went to a new server and while i was uploading my backups ( mysql ) i kept getting a error. Keep in mind when i made backups i also went into my tables and exported them. Knowing what i know about mysql, the person who was in charge of trexhost was killing my connection.
So why did they do that for. I pay for my hosting yearly and looks like i am s.o.l because of these people from risingwebworks.com.
Well i know the reason why. It was an attemt to steal all the customers from trexhost so they can make a quik buck. Well i am pissed about it.
So when the little crew from risingwebworks.com figures out why there sites are dropping like flys well they can come and thank me for it. I will not take this action from them laying down. They can either contact my host and get my backup to me or make my payment of about 8 months left to date on my account. That or there site will not excist period. Chances of me coming back here to see a reply will be slim. I only posted here when i seen the owners make a post.
I have did my best to keep this post clean and i hope everyone gets a chance to read it. risingwebworks.com is a rip off and some of you who has had direct contact with them regarding your sites should take legal action against them.

risingwebworks.com Look for me as i will not stop until i am payed in full.
Very pissed off:
Shawn

P.S risingwebworks having problems keeping your business up there bud......

•••
Which is why some people are saying get away from them quickly.

The site was down a few days, but I bet the server was still there.

They are preventing people getting their backups without paying them.

cPanel login works now, I suggest everyone attempts to get backups now.. I don't have an account so don't know if the backup feature.

Good luck to all.

•••
Well, this is how it always seems to happen with dirt cheap hosting, I've seen this story played out numerous times over the year. It's always the same; you see some new provider offering everything and the kitchen sink for nothing (or next to it). If you'll notice, even the big boys (with the exception of a few outright scammers) start high and go lower. There's a reason for that, it's called business. When times get tough and the money dwindles or the owner's interest dwindles, this is what happens. You've got to make real money, not a razor-thin profit margin.

I think what gets me in the end is that people follow the same trails time and again.

•••
i think you all need to have a look here trexhost

•••
It's got all confusing in the thread now..

how did an "Ex-VicePresident" get login to 'TrexHost' WHT account, no permission obviously.. their reason being "off James mother". - Which I add is poor grammar.
I also pointed out that they can't spell to save their life..

I admit.. I haven't read all of it.. but I repeat my suggestion for all Namepros users that use TrexHost..

GET WELL AWAY FROM THEM, and anything affiliated with them. There is a big feud going on right now that customers are getting caught up in, and frankly they are not being made the first priority.

There are many hosts here at NamePros, post a request, get a transfer, and be happy choosing a company that is at least stable.

Right now, customers need to get their sites up, and that just isn't going to happen if they remain at TrexHost or RWW.

My opinion anyway ;)
Jack.

Update (From WHT):

http://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/personCaseSearch?county=57

Surname: PERROTTA
First Name: James

View selected..

Get an idea of what this guy has been up to...

A few failure to pay tolls...
2 counts of Battery Domestic Violence...
Violation of an order of protection...
Burglary...
Stalking...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back