domain Treasure or Trash? List of dot coms - Comparedo.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Seatory

Established Member
Impact
Please comment and let me know what you think?
Treasure or Trash?
Do you have a favourite?

BootyCream.com - 2004 - Booty enhancing cream! Of course it exists!

PrizePuppy.com - 2004 - Name for a dog show or puppy breeder.

BedStools.com - 2004 - Ottomans, Blanket Boxes, Window Seats, Bedroom Stools

BeefWings.com - 2013 - Memorable Brand Name for Takeaway Restaurant

BuyDoms.com - 2014 - Buy All My Great Domains For Lots Of $$$$$

Comparedo.com - 2014 - Comapare Doe (money) Money Saving Comparisons

DigForLove.com -2010 - A new dating app matching service. Dig For Love by answering a number of questions. The app will match compatible users based on their answers.

GimmeABite.com - 2009 - Online Recipe Blog.

LabelBench.com - 2000 - Designer Labels Pop Up Shop.

Nobelinvestments.com - 1999 - Online Investment Advice

omgCosmetics.com - 2007 - OMG Cosmetics - Young Cosmetics Brand for 16-30 yr olds

BagSt.com - 2015 - A Whole High Street Dedicated To Handbags.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nobelinvestments.com - i can already see a nobelinvestment.com live website you could sell it to them or check it is TM so that it is easy for you to sell.

LabelBench.com - Could be used something similiar to brain bench or something what do you have in mind.

These two look cool and promising not sure about the rest.

•••
Nobelinvestments.com - i can already see a nobelinvestment.com live website you could sell it to them or check it is TM so that it is easy for you to sell.

LabelBench.com - Could be used something similiar to brain bench or something what do you have in mind.

These two look cool and promising not sure about the rest.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Thanks for the ideas. I was unaware of Brainbench. I was thinking Designer Labels. Maybe a pop up shop or similar.
There are a few companies using variations of Nobelinvestments... Nobel-Investments and NobleInvestments
Would you consider it better to sell privately, directly to a company or contact a number of companies and put in an online auction? What would be your usual first steps?

•••
:) I am still learning just like you. So i suggest wait for the experts in this forum to guide you better. all the best

Edit: I think you can try dropping an email to check if the company is interested to buy the domain from you. Unless you are looking for heavy $$$$ i think if they are interested they will buy it or if you dont have the budget to hold it, they will wait for you to drop it :)

•••
:) I am still learning just like you. So i suggest wait for the experts in this forum to guide you better. all the best

Edit: I think you can try dropping an email to check if the company is interested to buy the domain from you. Unless you are looking for heavy $$$$ i think if they are interested they will buy it or if you dont have the budget to hold it, they will wait for you to drop it :)

Appreciated! Lets hope some of the experts drop by! Thanks again.

•••
These aren't bad, but they aren't good. Gimmeabite is catchy, that might be your best one. If nobelinvestments was spelled nobleinvestments then it would be pretty good (nobel-nobel peace prize, noble-of high ranking).

You're on the right track with 2-3 word .coms. Best of luck.

•••
Earlier I also registered similar kind of domains, 99% of those domains i dropped, only one domain it got sold before two weeks from the expiry date that's my first sales via sedo that covered all the trash domains reg fee, domaining completely based on luck, so we can't predict which trash domains going to get good bucks

I like LabelBench.com, GimmeABite.com

Treasure or Trash?
A. Not Bad

•••
These aren't bad, but they aren't good. Gimmeabite is catchy, that might be your best one. If nobelinvestments was spelled nobleinvestments then it would be pretty good (nobel-nobel peace prize, noble-of high ranking).

You're on the right track with 2-3 word .coms. Best of luck.

Hi Finder. Thanks for the reply. This is why I love hearing others opinions. For me gimmeabite was one of the weaker ones on the list. Not sure what that says about the others. You say they are not bad nor good? Could you give any ballpark figures? is low $$$ reasonable ?
I totally agree Nobleinvestments would have been so much better. Thankfully there are a couple of companies using the nobel spelling currently, one is nobel-investments.co.uk and the other nobelinvestmentsmz.com so i am hoping the domain will be of interest to them.

•••
Earlier I also registered similar kind of domains, 99% of those domains i dropped, only one domain it got sold before two weeks from the expiry date that's my first sales via sedo that covered all the trash domains reg fee, domaining completely based on luck, so we can't predict which trash domains going to get good bucks

I like LabelBench.com, GimmeABite.com

Treasure or Trash?
A. Not Bad

Im hoping I have one of those save the day sales somewhere! Thanks for the comment. Do you care to share what that domain name was?

•••
Im hoping I have one of those save the day sales somewhere! Thanks for the comment. Do you care to share what that domain name was?

Check your PM

•••
Hi Finder. Thanks for the reply. This is why I love hearing others opinions. For me gimmeabite was one of the weaker ones on the list. Not sure what that says about the others. You say they are not bad nor good? Could you give any ballpark figures? is low $$$ reasonable ?
I totally agree Nobleinvestments would have been so much better. Thankfully there are a couple of companies using the nobel spelling currently, one is nobel-investments.co.uk and the other nobelinvestmentsmz.com so i am hoping the domain will be of interest to them.
For nobelinvestments, it is good to see there are viable end users, reach out to them.

As for price for all of these, low $xxx is unreasonable. Not that it isn't attainable, but rather you can't plan for someone to wake up and wish to purchase such a unique name. Everyday people wake up looking to buy and sell 3-4L.coms and 5-7N.coms, so those prices are predictable, otherwise known as "liquid".

Your best bet for now is to list them as "make offer" at different marketplaces.

•••
Sorry to say I don't like any of them, except maybe BootyCream.

At first glance, everything else looks pretty much worthless. I'd advise you keep reading threads here at NP before you spend more money.

Good luck!

•••
For nobelinvestments, it is good to see there are viable end users, reach out to them.

As for price for all of these, low $xxx is unreasonable. Not that it isn't attainable, but rather you can't plan for someone to wake up and wish to purchase such a unique name. Everyday people wake up looking to buy and sell 3-4L.coms and 5-7N.coms, so those prices are predictable, otherwise known as "liquid".

Your best bet for now is to list them as "make offer" at different marketplaces.

Great advice. Thank you. I like the sound of "make offer" at various market places as I have not started listing domains for sale, due to not knowing where would be best to list them. So this way I can become more familiar with each marketplace whilst gaining more exposure.

•••
Your focus seems to be brandables. These are hard to convert into cash unless you sit on them and wait.. and wait.. for someone to come along who wants to buy them which oftentimes takes longer than one might expect, if it happens at all. Generics still have an easier reseller audience if you need to convert them into quick cash among domainers, and liquid domains like LLLLs and NNNNNs etc.. have easy cash value but you will need to pay to play for those. I'd focus a little bit more on some keywords mixed in with the brandables.. that way they will still have a bit more resale potential if you want to sell them to other domain investors for some fast cash.

•••
Sorry to say I don't like any of them, except maybe BootyCream.

At first glance, everything else looks pretty much worthless. I'd advise you keep reading threads here at NP before you spend more money.

Good luck!

Im glad you possibly liked one of them.Thank you for your honest response. I will take your advice and certainly stop spending whilst I do some learning. When you say worthless, would you consider break even on each achievable? I paid between $14-$22 for each. Or mostly unsellable? Also are there ways that I can add some value to the domains? For example PrizePuppy.com - set up a simple wp site with some generic content and cute pictures of puppies, maybe create and link a social account such as instagram and again post cute dog pictures. Link out to a number of sites selling puppies. Would doing something like this add value to the domain? Would you/anyone consider something like this as worth doing? Or not worth the effort?

•••
Would you/anyone consider something like this as worth doing?
I would not, no. Time is a valuable commodity.... I would spend it on something else, unless you're doing it strictly for fun.

Personally I would post at least most of these in the Fixed Price section for say $10-20 each, and see what happens. You could certainly have picked worse names, but I just don't see them having much resale potential. Hopefully I'm wrong though. And who knows perhaps the one I mentioned will save the investment - and make something too!

•••
Your focus seems to be brandables. These are hard to convert into cash unless you sit on them and wait.. and wait.. for someone to come along who wants to buy them which oftentimes takes longer than one might expect, if it happens at all. Generics still have an easier reseller audience if you need to convert them into quick cash among domainers, and liquid domains like LLLLs and NNNNNs etc.. have easy cash value but you will need to pay to play for those. I'd focus a little bit more on some keywords mixed in with the brandables.. that way they will still have a bit more resale potential if you want to sell them to other domain investors for some fast cash.

Great advice, thank you. I currently have a lot of domains and want to pick out the best of the bunch to focus on trying to sell for as much as possible to take me as close to, or above break even. I know this may sound like an odd goal but I work full time and am happy to look at any money spent so far as investment in learning. (You could say I could learn for free, however having money at stake makes me want to learn even more!)
In your opinion, can estibot ratings make a difference to the sale price? Or would it only really be an inexperienced domainer like myself who would pay this any attention? Does Alexa Rank have any impact on value?

booty cream . com
$1.1K USD
98.6 serp
1 ad
12.2m alexa
317 exact searches
$0.87 USD

•••
Estibot means nothing to an experienced buyer or end user.

•••
I think bootycream.com is your best domain. Have you tried to find endusers? I know there has to be a company that would like it that makes such creams. I would say end of the rainbow enduser low x,xxx . Good luck!

•••
I would not, no. Time is a valuable commodity.... I would spend it on something else, unless you're doing it strictly for fun.

Personally I would post at least most of these in the Fixed Price section for say $10-20 each, and see what happens. You could certainly have picked worse names, but I just don't see them having much resale potential. Hopefully I'm wrong though. And who knows perhaps the one I mentioned will save the investment - and make something too!

Thanks for the advice once I have sifted through them all on decided on a few that I want to keep and focus on selling for a higher margin, I will take your advice and list most at low fixed price. Fingers crossed!

•••
I think bootycream.com is your best domain. Have you tried to find endusers? I know there has to be a company that would like it that makes such creams.

Hi, Thanks for your comment. No, I only picked up the domain today as well as joining NP. Which I have to say has been amazing so far and very insightful. I really wanted to ask the opinions of others before searching for or contacting end users, I searched a few before purchasing the domain and know the product exists and I imagine a product that will or has been growing in popularity thanks to Beyonce ;)

•••
Hi, Thanks for your comment. No, I only picked up the domain today as well as joining NP. Which I have to say has been amazing so far and very insightful. I really wanted to ask the opinions of others before searching for or contacting end users, I searched a few before purchasing the domain and know the product exists and I imagine a product that will or has been growing in popularity thanks to Beyonce ;)
Hahaha! I love it. Good luck man.

•••
We all start somewhere, keep learning, keep growing!

•••
Estibot means nothing to an experienced buyer or end user.
We all start somewhere, keep learning, keep growing!

Thanks,
Can I ask, Does Alexa ranking have any impact on value? or are there any other metrics that experienced buyers or end users may take into consideration? I originally thought a domain name with Age say 10+ years, Alexa Ranking & High estibot or other estimation tools value, would make a domain potentially worth more? If not at least they could be used as sale points when trying to sell. I totally get that the estimation tools are crap! I have been reading that domain age actually has very little impact on seo. Can you inform me of Alexa rank or anything else I am missing. Starting to understand the value truly is in the name itself.

•••
Estibot, Alexa, Age, etc.. think of all these things as pointers.

A domain with old age, say 15 years has not dropped once in the last decade and a half. Maybe the same person renewed it over and over again and it has no value except to that person alone, or maybe it was a name that was bought 15 years ago, sold to someone else who contacted the original registrant and made an offer, etc.. if its good, it probably did not drop at all in the last 15 years, but this is still 1 metric.

Alexa:
Most useful in determining traffic. If a name gets traffic it is either from type-in just from being a good name, or more likely from an old established website with links. Either way, it is an indicator of value.

Estibot:
Considers the above factors, plus others like search score. Again, it is another pointer, but not reliable all on its own.

When all pointers converge, you have a name of value.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back