Transferring a Wordpress Website...

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

tomcarl

Top Member
Impact
3,975
I've googled the process and read all the tutorials and multiple steps (seems time consuming), I was wondering if there was a tool or service that streamlined the whole process and made it as quick and easy as possible?

Anyone recommend the fastest/easiest method of going about transferring an entire website to another person/host?

TIA
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I successfully used BackWPUP plugin for my transfers, it's quite easy, and a useful tool because you can set automatic backups and upload them on a plenty of cloud services (most of them free).
It creates a zip with all the files and the .sql file of your database, so you have to import it on your new hosting through PHPMyAdmin as well as edit wp-config.php with new db name / user /password.

Never used Duplicator plugin but it seems quite interesting.
 
1
•••
I use replikatorpro whenever I want to transfer/backup/clone a wordpress site. It's not free tool, but until now I can say it's worth my investment.
How much is it? I have seen some hosting sites..One I just checked out said one of the packages includes up to 5 website transfers for free. Just wondering the price after I use up my 5 transfers...As I would want to include that in my price I think.
However, I think it should be included in the hosting, and that hosting companies should all offer that...but that's just my opinion.
For people such as myself, trying to go from learning WP from html, and all of the things I need to have a long with it, (such as all of the plug-ins, and figuring out what goes with what, and what plug-ins don't go with others) there should be an easier way.
For instance, right now, I'm just trying to find a good hosting company, then I have to install WP from there, then I have to figure out all of the plug-ins I am going to need, plus make sure they all coincide with one another...Then I need to be able to concentrate on the other things...
This to me, just adds a lot more to my plate. I have always hated zip files, and really get confused when I have to use them...lol..But I guess it will be yet another learning experience..
I Just wish there was an easier way. Therefore, once I learn the WP, and what plug-ins don't conflict with each other, I could just build my sites up, with quality content, and concentrate on the promoting (which will be time consuming for all of that on all domains) to generate revenue on a continuous basis.
Also I need to be able to concentrate on the selling, and buying into more domains to build up, content, promotion, and selling, without having to worry about all this other stuff...hmmfff!
It would be a lot easier if one of my sites sold, and I could just call the hosting company, and say okay, I need to transfer this entire site to John Doe, or whoever, once sold...
Anyhow, it all Sounds a bit harder than just changing name servers...So I def need to figure this out before I even get hosting.
Anyone know of a great hosting company that hosts unlimited domains, and unlimited site transfers with awesome support, that isn't too over-the-top costly, or outdated? :-/
 
0
•••
One I just checked out said one of the packages includes up to 5 website transfers for free.

That's transfers IN to your account.

(moderator hat on) Can we please keep this thread focused on addressing @tomcarl's issue so he gets the help he needs and not veer off on a tangent about hosting? That topic belongs in an existing thread or a new thread of its own. Thanks much! (/moderator hat)
 
0
•••
That's transfers IN to your account.

(moderator hat on) Can we please keep this thread focused on addressing @tomcarl's issue so he gets the help he needs and not veer off on a tangent about hosting? That topic belongs in an existing thread or a new thread of its own. Thanks much! (/moderator hat)

Sorry, I do want to know and understand the same thing..As I didn't know that you had to go through all of this in order to transfer a site as one of the hosting companies told me they do it for you, (transfer out once you sell) so I got confused. (Still am)..However, If there are hosting sites out there that do offer it, it could possibly help him as well..(Is what my thought was when posting)...But I will make a new thread or something when I get my other work out of the way...Again, sorry for intruding.
 
0
•••
Carob and SimpleDomaining answered the Wordpress issue pretty well towards the beginning of the thread - you just need 2 things, a backup of the files and a backup of the database. Actually, a SQL export of the files, because the new owner's account will probably have different database naming conventions.

Hosts often offer "move-in" service as a courtesy to new accounts Especially cpanel hosting because it's a no-brainer to do as long as they have the UID/PWD to old account.They won't help you move sites OFF their hosting. Generally giving a site to a new owher you just give them a backup of the files and the database (if any) and let them deal with it. It's very easy to make these backups from most host control panels.
 
1
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back