Dynadot

tips Transfer From Google to NameCheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Halldomains86

Established Member
Impact
So I've just sold my first domain and now it's time to transfer. Both myself and the buyer are newbies.

My registrar is Google, his is name cheap. My only real instruction on Google is to unlock the domain and provide an access code.

I think we're on the right path but he's concerned that namecheap is going to charge him $10 on the transfer.

Any advice? It's the blind leading the blind over here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Receiving registrar will charge transfer fees. Sending will not (most don;t charge). That is valid amount being charged as the domain will renew for one year in that price and registrar will told you that transfer is free but they are charging for the renewal only.

•••
Congrats on the sale, @Halldomains86 ! As @thekiller has said when you transfer a domain name the receiving registrar (NameCheap in this case) require that a year be added to the registration period and certainly charge for that. This is standard across the industry. Note however this is, in general, added to the registration period. For example if the domain name currently expires at Google on May 2019, it will be May 2020 after the transfer to NameCheap.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back