Dynadot

Transferring a domain at escrow com: fee question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm in Europe and I want to sell a domain through escrow.com, for $400.
I did agree to pay the escrow fee, but the transaction was started by the buyer and he chose "premier transaction".

So I'm not sure about what should I pay if I accept:

Escrow Fee By Service Type

Standard Service $25.00

Premier Service $25.20

All Payments are in (USD)
$25.00 intermediary bank fee may be added.

It looks to me "25 standard + 25.20 premium + 25 + 40 for international wire transfer"

$115 total??D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah - international sellers are better going elsewhere.

•••
I make the buyer pay the Escrow Fees and I pick up the $40 international wire transfer. Just one of the costs of doing business.

•••
No, you will have to pay at least $25 less.

Probably $40 for wire transfer, fee for premier service as well (without fee for standard service as you use premier). Some small fee (few $) from your bank as well.

I use Escrow.com for $1000+ transactions, mainly with 100% fees on buyer. Sometimes 50%/50%. I am not 100% sure how much are all the fees as for some reason I always pay lower fees than I expect. But if I sell something for $1500 with splitted fees I know that I will receive at least $1400 at my bank account.

My lowest transaction at Escrow.com when I participated in fees (50%/50%) was $1000. I just checked, Escrow.com sent me $971.25.

Here is closing statement:

" SELLER CLOSING STATEMENT

Debit Credit
------------------ ------------------
Item(s) $1,000.00
Escrow Fee $28.75
Shipping $0.00
Seller's Proceeds $971.25
------------------ ------------------
Total $1,000.00 $1,000.00

Thank you for your business! We hope we can assist you with any future
escrow needs."

I know they claim that fee for wire transfer is $40, but I dont pay that fee every time. Not sure why, but I dont mind at all:)

I had many transactins at Escrow.com, so maybe that is the reason, but really not sure.

•••
You were lucky. I always have to pay the $40, even when the closing statement doesn't include it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back