Dynadot

Traking clicks to external websites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How can I keep track of how many visitors click a link to an external website. I don't see it on my webalizer stats and I was just curious because my site has a lot of these type of links.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
use statcounter. You can see nearly all clicks on your website

•••
Thank you, I also think google analytics does it also. Rep'd!

•••
Google analytics is the best one in the market to track visitors as well as clicks.

•••
I think major persons use the Google analytics but in this tool you can see only visitors from Google. According the Google analytics visitors you can assume about the total visitors.

•••
I think major persons use the Google analytics but in this tool you can see only visitors from Google. According the Google analytics visitors you can assume about the total visitors.

I don't understand? Are you saying it doesn't track every visitor to my site?

That doesn't sound right.

•••
connect google analytics or you can use a php or java script to count

•••
Getclicky, Google Analytics shows this as seperate column. Where you can see incoming and outgoing links and clicked links as well. Getclicky gives that option and shows when you login to stats.

•••
Are you using Wordpress or yours is a HTML/Flash site ?
cos if you are using wordpress then you can use the plugins like Ozhcounter etc. to track the links

•••
Normally I saw Google Analytics, however if you want to do this on your own accord, checkout the stats software that xav.com has. I have used it for years without issue.

AXS Visitor Tracking System

•••

Not clear to me also. What you actually want to say? Google analytics is a great tool that can track and show you the result effectively!

•••
Use Google Analytics or Statcounter they are the best available and if you are using Wordpress there are so many plugins for doing that

•••
Last edited:
•••
Have you tried using Statcounter? [http://www.statcounter.com/]

I started using it since 2007. It can give me the Recent Visitor Activity, Recent Keywords used, Exit links and lot more at my blogs and site.

•••
this guy didnt answer to my question!
if hes using any CMS then using a plugin is the easiest way to do it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back