IT.COM

Trademarked name with user appended

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
There is a name ******** and that company has the trademark as:
telecommunication services, namely providing high speed communication connections ******** over a global computer network; and computer services, namely providing high speed access ******* to a global computer network

They have also trademarked ******** REACHES YOU and ******** COMMUNICATIONS with the save text.

I own the domain ********users.com and would like to get the blessing of the company to run a users forum type thing.

Would there be anything wrong with me tradmarking ******** USERS just in case they ask me to release the name to them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think you'd be able to get a trademark on it, since it is in itself already carrying a trademarked name. You can't trademark DisneySucks.com for example. You may be able to use the name, without being bothered, but trademarking it is a whole different issue.

•••
sunken said:
I don't think you'd be able to get a trademark on it, since it is in itself already carrying a trademarked name. You can't trademark DisneySucks.com for example. You may be able to use the name, without being bothered, but trademarking it is a whole different issue.

Had not thought of it that way. The name is a generic combination of words with many trademarks using the words (different use) and in combination wuith other words.

Don't know how I would word it but thought I might try to trademark my term as something related to sharing of information about using ********.

Just noticed that some registered my .net & .org (not the company).

•••
I don't know why you bother with the asterisks, since "reaches you" uniquely identifies the application in question.

Which, by the way, is not a registered trademark. It is an intent-to-use application filed last month.

•••
jberryhill said:
I don't know why you bother with the asterisks, since "reaches you" uniquely identifies the application in question.

Which, by the way, is not a registered trademark. It is an intent-to-use application filed last month.

It is listed as live. I am a dummy here. I thought when it was listed as live that was a trademark.

As they say up, up and away into the wild blue yonder.

•••
Yes, you are dummy here. Take it easy!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back