IT.COM

question Trademarked Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redfoxdomains

Established Member
Impact
I think I know the answer to this question, but I'm going to ask for advise anyway. I didn't even think about this when I purchased the domain years ago.

I've owned a domain for years. I was planning (and may still) create a training on how to use Twitter. The domain name is stepbysteptwitter.com

I have it listed on my own site redfoxdomains.com - but when I listed on Sedo they wouldn't list it because of trademark issues.

Is there any value in this domain or do I just let it expire?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, it has a trademarked name "Twitter". I am actually surprised they haven't locked your account at the registrar. I created GoogleIntel.Com at Names.com and they locked and blocked my account. And re-listed the domain. Plus i received a email and letter from Google stating that i committed trademark theft, That if it happens again they will take legal action against me.

•••
ahhh. I will let it drop then. Actually toying with
reaching out to Twitter and seeing if they are interested in collaborating on a project?

•••
That is actually the purpose of them trademarking ir. So that you can't make a profit or get traffic that is meant for Twitter to your site(s). However, you can get permission from them, just don't mention that you already own it. And DO NOT try to sell it to them lol. They will burn your ass.

•••
ahhh. I will let it drop then. Actually toying with
reaching out to Twitter and seeing if they are interested in collaborating on a project?

That is the single best way to get sued in the domaining world.

•••

I was mostly kidding....but thanks for the schooling. I've just turned off auto renewal and will let it die at renewal.

•••

Thanks for the info. It was a random thought that passed through to my fingers as I typed. I'll let the domain die. Appreciate your response.

•••
Back