discuss Trademark infringements

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

devma

Established Member
Impact
Hello Namepros members,

I hope that you're all doing well.

I'm a little bit confused about trademarks, for example Mobi,I own Mobi.io according to many trademarks database search engines, I have found many many Mobi trademark .. is that means that I would have some potential issues with the trademark
I thought that the trademark name is unique, could you please clarify things for me ?

Thank you in advance !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on what you do with it.

There are 8 billion people on Earth. There are only so many unique terms.

There can be many companies with the same brand and different uses, Delta for example.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It depends on what you do with it.

There are 8 billion people on Earth. There are only so many unique terms.

There can be many companies with the same brand and different uses, Delta for example.

Brad
Thank you Brad.
But for example google is unique right ? You can't creat a compamy using this name

•••
Thank you Brad.
But for example google is unique right ? You can't creat a compamy using this name

Fanciful terms tend to have stronger brand protection than other types of terms (arbitrary, suggestive, descriptive, generic).

Google for instance is a made up term, where Apple is not.
Apple is a lot more defendable as a generic term or brand (in a different field) than Google is.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back