Dynadot

Tracking scammers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i am trying to track a scammer at one of my site.

he downloaded stuff and then reported to paypal that he did not received the goods.

I have his IP. i want to know if this could be fake too?8-X
for example, if the IP is : 204.161.2.xx

is that unique to the computer?ISP??

can anyone help me back trace this number??

thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like a US citizen
Backtracing his IP showed his ISP's abuse phone and e-mail.
Phone: +1-877-453-8353
E-mail: [email protected]

His provider is http://level3.net/
Report the time and his IP to these, I'm sure they'll take some actions.

•••
hey VIP-Ip....
thanks for yr help
but the IP given is an example only!D-:

•••
•••
Let us know if you solve anything

•••
use whois.sc to track back

•••
in all honesty I cant see the ISP doing anything about it as he most likely has not broken any of their terms. You should just inform paypal of the details you collected and see if they take it further but unfortunately paypal are not very good when it comes to digitally transmitted goods.

•••
Not much point in tracing the number if it's just made up, is there? There are potentially many ways to track this guy down and secure your rights.

•••
i can provide the real IP if theres a way of tracking the scammer....i just want to know who can help and whats the best way to handle it

•••
Have you at least tried a search for the IP in google or another search engine? If it pops up a few times, especially on proxy type sites, then it's probably not their real IP.

•••
What do you want to handle? When you find out he is half way around the world are you going to go there and kick his ass :)
Your first option is to deal with it through pay pal. Failing that, you might want to find out where he is using what he downloaded. Maybe you can contact the host and get them to shut him down. Anyway, you have an IP address and an email address. If you can't track someone down from those then they probably don't exist.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back