Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

droned

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

Uneducated people without positive trade reviews should be banned from the appraisal section.

They are do not understand what is branding ...

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
'GenericDomainz'
'greatwebss'
I do not want your opinions in appraisal section.
Thanks for understanding.

•••
Hello,

Please keep in mind that the appraisal forum is a public forum without censorship, where members can share their opinions about a domain name asset (Good news or bad news) as long as they comply with the following:
5. Domain Appraisals and Website Reviews (»)
5.1. All appraisals below $10 USD must include a unique and constructive explanation to support the assessment.
5.2. Rule 6.1.2 applies to appraisal requests.
5.3. No external links for an appraisal.
5.4. Post only domains you own under appraisals, otherwise use the Pre-Purchase Appraisal forum.
If you would like a more private and in-depth evaluation for a domain asset there is a Professional Appraisals forum available to VIP's and Gold members.

If you see a rule violation, please use the report link under their post so a moderator can investigate further and get more involved.

Thanks,

Eric Lyon

•••
Toxic people on appraisal section

HeHe..... they are not only in the appraisal section :xf.laugh:

As with any public space you will have contributors and those who just like to criticize.

Personally I will take two lumps in my coffee before I turn the page :ROFL: :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
What is your definition of "toxic"? In the link, above, there is no comments about your domain that are "toxic".
The "GenericDomainz " said "stupid name" on one of my domains. 'Stupid' is a toxic word. This post was deleted by mod.

•••
Hi,

Uneducated people without positive trade reviews should be banned from the appraisal section.

They are do not understand what is branding ...

Thanks
Uneducated or honest?

I’ve asked for a few appraisals in the past. You learn as you go. Now I don’t do that...

•••
The "GenericDomainz " said "stupid name" on one of my domains. 'Stupid' is a toxic word. This post was deleted by mod.
If the post was deleted, then you should be happy?

I sure wouldn't take offense to the word "stupid". I learned awhile ago not to be emotional about a domain name. There no place for emotions in business (maybe feeing great after a sale).

•••
Uneducated or honest?

I’ve asked for a few appraisals in the past. You learn as you go. Now I don’t do that...
Very rare ppl posts honest opinion.

•••

I sure wouldn't take offense to the word "stupid". I learned awhile ago not to be emotional about a domain name. There no place for emotions in business (maybe feeing great after a sale).

NamePros bring domains in top search results so wrong toxic opinions could ruine the domain sale / value .
Honest opinions are welcome.

Plp with .infos and .mobi domains obvious far away from the branding.

Last edited:
•••
Very rare???
This forum is overrun with people who post nothing but honest opinions!
Especially in the appraisal forums....
If I say a domain is, to me, not worth owning because it makes no sense, that is a very honest opinion.

From this thread, I figure that you want only positive appraisals, even if the domain is horrible.
Learn to live with opinions, especially on forums.

•••
Very rare ppl posts honest opinion.

NamePros bring domains in top search results so wrong toxic opinions could ruine the domain sale / value .
Honest opinions are welcome.

Plp with .infos and .mobi domains obvious far away from the branding.
If you are worried about search engines, why are you typing in the domain name exactly and not doing something like (dot)com etc?

Would this non-human appraisal make you happy?

https://ca.godaddy.com/domain-value...heckAvail=1&tmskey=&domainToCheck=Aalumni.com

•••
True toxic are those who don't clean their accounts at Sedo, Afternic, Uni, Bodis, ParkingCrew etc.
Too hard task for them to remove the dropped domains...

•••
The "experts " that posting a bad opinion silently registering a similar names.
Those guys never give you a good opinion only bad and negative. If you posted a good domain you got zero options.

Most of them do no show their domains and portfolios.

So I do not see the reason to use an appraisal section.

Closed.

•••
Hello,

We could look into adding a way to block specific members (or members meeting certain criteria) from participating in your appraisal threads, but it might provide more value to read those opinions even if you disagree with them. Sometimes, negative opinions can teach us the most.

That said, we require that all members present their opinions professionally and respectfully (rule 1.2), including in the domain appraisal sections. Please report any appraisals that do not meet those standards. If you've had rude comments or name calling posts removed from your appraisal requests, then that rule is likely the reason.

You can also add spaces to your domain name to help it avoid showing up in search results:
  • Example.com becomes E x a m p l e . c o m
We hope that helps.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back