NameSilo

Top ways of getting hits

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey. After the next few weeks I shall give you some infomation on how to get your site them all important hits. It must work as right now my website gets 2k hits a day and its not even open!

Great so now you have a good website, and good content! So why is it not
getting any hits? Simple, look at it this way; A site has to get starting
hits and links in to be able to get more hits from search engines such as
Google and Alexa. A good ranking in search engine will help your website
alot. There is many things you can do to get your website ranked higher in
search engines such as software, be warned 90% of this software does not
work. The best way to get ranked higher in search engines is getting other
people to link to you if you link to them, search around for sites that get
around the same amount of hits as you and contact them asking if they would like to link share, as you get more links on your site you get more links to
your site!

Now you have people visiting your site, maybe 20-30 a day, but we don't want the tens! The next step to take would be to join "Topsites" these are sites that you put a small HTML code on your website and the more visitors you get the higher you go up the topsite, thus meaning more hits. You may still not have much hits but after about a week you shall notice some people find your site via search engines, to check where your visitors are coming from get a tracker and track your visits! If you have Cpanel on your webserver you shall be able to check stats from AwStats, if not google for "Free tracking scripts" and you shall get some good results.

Now slowly you shall be able to get better affys and more visits to your
site, thus meaning your Alexa ranking and hits via search engines will
improve. Some search engines use 'Meta tags' this is a small code you place
in the head tag of yourwebsite, Search engines then read the data. A normal
Meta tag will look like

<LINK REV="made" href="mailto:[email protected]">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="This, is, the, words, people, can, find, your, sites, with, via, search">
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="info the search engine shows this">
<META NAME="author" CONTENT="Your name">

Using around 10-20 keywords would be best. There is many meta tag creators out there for you to use if you ever get stuck. Metatags are important for you to use in your website on every page otherwise no one will be able to find your site via search engines. Now you will start drawing in the hits and members to your website!

Now the next thing I shall talk about is a quick way of getting would might be classed as spam hits. AutoHits.dk and other sites alike show you other peoples website and in return they show other people yours, this is quick but yet 99% of all visitors via this are trying to get hits to there website and do not care about your website content. The best way to use auto hits is if you have a website for webmasters which they might see and want to look at. This is the worst way to get hits! I have done it once and found all that I did was waste bandwidth

The last way of getting hits is the one I found most usful and sucessful,
this is making something for webmasters which they use and have to link back to your site, if this is a good product they needed you can get upto
thousands of websites linking to you. This can be anything from flash
animations to weblayouts, what ever you at good at use it and get the visits
to your website! It really is that quick to be able to get hits to your website, so think and act apon this infomation.

These steps may get you into the 100's. Next time I shall tell you how to get you up to around 500 hits a day. Thanks for reading

Daniel Nethersole

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
basic but a good reminder...maybe more secrets later!

•••
and if all else fails, buy your traffic!

•••
What is the best paid traffic? PPC? eZine advertising? else?

Sjarief

•••
Targeted traffic works really well. B-)

•••
I think people should sell traffic for NP$ :P

•••
Nice article, it makes nice reading. Thanks for taking time to write this. :)

Im looking forward to reading your next one!

•••
jon said:
Nice article, it makes nice reading. Thanks for taking time to write this. :)

Im looking forward to reading your next one!

Me too

•••
•••
contextual advertising is best for paid advertising

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back