Dynadot

Too many hosting kids

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

This story happens every day, and I'm sure you know it.

Some kids with no knowledge at all in the hosting business rent a server for a low monthly fee, then start their hosting website..and what a great template with a few bucks, then get into all possible forums and sites and post their hosting offers ...wow attractive offers? lets continue.. these hosts are totally immature, when they don't know how to solve something, they will ignore your messages.. or some smarter kids will tell you "It's enabled.. all customers are happy, the problem resides in your site.." I can't imagine a Web host that doesn't have someone who can configure php, server side scripting to suit the customer needs.

I am sending this message to these guys, And I want to tell them that I'm fed up..I tried around 10 hosts from Outside the forums, and inside Namepros also (a few), and its not surprise that I can't use a script that contains sessions on their servers, and when I message them, either I'm ignored, or get a "happy" reply.

Please, for the industry sake, get out of this hosting firm If you don't have the knowledge to run it..

I tried these hosts because I don't want to invest $xx just to test out my finished script, it's just that I will publish my work, nothing fancy, but that even is impossible in today's market while its crowded with so many kids in the hosting business.

Don't get flamed, kid in my opinion isn't a young person ~ but he's someone who knows nothing about what he is doing..

All hosts please, for your customers sake, open your php.ini files and do the following:
Output_buffering = Off;
Replace with
Output_buffering = On;

And please, If anyone who has a host thats knowledgeable, please shoot it to me.. I want a host for around one month, and I want to pay around $3 /mo. but only by Credit Card.. It needs to be setup instantly though, and it has to have output_buffering enabled, one mysql database at least, even 1mb of hosting space will work..regardless, I don't care how much bandwidth you can give to me.

If you already a hosted user, and you have no problems with sessions, contact me, let's try to make a deal asap.

Do you want to make sure that your host is knowledgeable? Write:
<?
session_start();
?>
and save it as test.php If it opens a blank page, then It will work for you perfectly.

Guys, this is a temporary host, I need it for a week or so, I am willing to pay $3 for a week by Credit card only, as you see I don't have PayPal supported..and this is turning into a real nightmare because I just can't publish my script..

I don't need to mention that I spent more than $50 already on non-knowledgeable hosts,, like bestreseller.com and some who exist in name pros without mentioning any names.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm 17, Work full time as an Asp.net coder but use linux / cPanel hosting. I have full in depth knowledge of both windows and linux servers.

Its down to knowledge really :)

I've been hosting people for two years now with success.

Joseph

•••
Off-topic: joseph, your avatar is really cool..really :D

•••
I feel it's a matter of responsibility... Some "kids" save up their pocket money and buy a reseller hosting or a server for a month just to "TRY IT OUT". They start off by making claims of having many years of experience, showing false testimomials and i've even seen some kids linking to some successful website claiming that site as one of their customers...

All starts off nicely, they contract clients for a few months, sometimes a year or more, get all the cash and life goes happily... the business runs smooth for a couple of months until they start getting support requests. When they cant respond to the request or get frustrated with regular mails asking for help (ofcourse they know JACK), they start to run away from responsibility... Staying offline, not showing up on the forums etc... and it all ends up being SHUT.

So, yeah... It is easy to find cheap and affordable hosting, but very hard to find Reliable and HONEST webhosting.

•••
Now just because of a few kids getting themselves into hosting business doesn't mean they know nothing. I am 14 and I own a successful web hosting company and I am pretty knowledgeable with everything that is involved with web hosting. Saying that kids don't know nothing is BULL because they have a goal at doing something and of course you get the kids who actually know anything but maybe you should reconsider that are plently of kids that are very knowledgeable, Abdul.

•••
All starts off nicely, they contract clients for a few months, sometimes a year or more, get all the cash and life goes happily... the business runs smooth for a couple of months until they start getting support requests. When they cant respond to the request or get frustrated with regular mails asking for help (ofcourse they know JACK), they start to run away from responsibility... Staying offline, not showing up on the forums etc... and it all ends up being SHUT.

So, yeah... It is easy to find cheap and affordable hosting, but very hard to find Reliable and HONEST webhosting.
Sounds like a lot of Hosting Companies ,not just Ones run by kids. I Have just had the same experience with a hosting company that has a LLL.com URL

•••
Now just because of a few kids getting themselves into hosting business doesn't mean they know nothing. I am 14 and I own a successful web hosting company and I am pretty knowledgeable with everything that is involved with web hosting. Saying that kids don't know nothing is BULL because they have a goal at doing something and of course you get the kids who actually know anything but maybe you should reconsider that are plently of kids that are very knowledgeable, Abdul.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that kids should not be in webhosting period. Most kids don't know nearly enough about running a business. As I said, they might know a lot of the technical ends of things but they might not know a thing about successfully running a business - as well as the vice versa being true.

It's great that these kids might have a goal of doing something but it's not great that it comes at the expense of others and the industry as a whole. I mean let's face it here, many kids and many adults are responsible for the negative side of the industry. Head on over to WHT as a prime example, there are loads of kids right and left right now who think they know it all. They post on the forums for about 1-2 months, get really active, seduce clients with cheap prices and then they're gone.

There is only a very small percentage of kids who are actually capable of running a webhosting business. Everyone's definitely not cut out for it and the job can be very demanding. It's something to consider before jumping in over your head and getting yourself in trouble. If you can handle the job then you will know.

•••
For people who run hosting business at Home, how do you keep an eye on this? Assuming you have some kind of school, college, or day job..that's a virtual business, because you can't support 24/7..and I would like to hear any successful stories about running a hosting business from home.

me and my business partner run a web hosting business from home.

We both have jobs, (i work 9-5) and he works in a post office.

we use commputers all day so we are always online to deal with any problems.

the business has been running since may 2003.

home businesses can succeeed.

I am quite lucky in my job i can take 5-10 minutes here and there to reply to an email or just check on a server if i suspect somethings up. mainly because i hosted one of my bosses websites.

•••
Agreed. I can remember about a trillion hosts that failed ;) that were owned by teens... how many can list? lol If you dont know how to use ssh, you have no right to be hosting a website for someone imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back