TM issue - please helpHi mates,

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
TM issue - please help

Hi,

I've received such an email concerning my Nikonian.eu website:

Mr. [my surname],

We are the owners of Nikonians, a registered trademark in several countries.
We own a lot of property around that brand, included but not limited to nikonians.eu. Furthermore, we also own the trademark "nikonian" and it has been in use since the year 2000.

You are hereby requested to cancel the domain you have registered and take down the site without no further reminder from our side. Please inform us when that has been made.

Sincerely,
Bo Stahlbrandt
Nikonians EMEA Ltd.

And I did respond them with:

Dear Sir,

I did not mean to infringe any of your trademarks law concerning Nikonians.org property. Before I have registerd my domain name I did search several trademark databases and did not find what you say. I see that the "Nikonians" is indeed the registered mark of yours but I could not find the same for "Nikonian". As a proof I provide you with the following database search enigines:

United States Patent and Trademark Office:
http://tess2.uspto.gov

UK Patent Office:
http://webdb4.patent.gov.uk

Polish Trademark and Patent Office:
http://www.uprp.pl

If you can prove the "Nikonian" is a trademark of you here in Poland I would be appreciated.

Kindest Regards

There is also a website Nikonian.de and it is not the property of them. They don't have any information about "nikonian" trademark on Nikonians.org (only about "nikonians" tm).

What do you think about it? Please help me with this one.

Regards,
wizja

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
StahlbrandtSucks.Com - go for it

•••
Yea, unfortunately, he did use that verbage and it will be used against him. As I have always stated, when you answer C+Ds, just stick to the points only. Never acknowledge a TM, never apologize, never, ask for money, always say why you regged the domain and your plans for it and that's all.

bluesman said:
You refer to the "did not mean" part? I'd submit that such verbiage is also part of most disclaimers that use "do not seek to, or imply in any way" and "similarities to any persons living or dead, is not intended" language.

(Granted, I personally would not have used any language in an email which might sound like "I'm sorry" in any way, shape or form for something I contend that I didn't do. But in itself, it's not an admittance of guilt.)

•••
DNQuest.com said:
...Never acknowledge a TM, never apologize, never, ask for money, always say why you regged the domain and your plans for it and that's all.

True, especially the money part of that. I forget where I just saw it, but a poster on another thread recently said something like "it should be okay if my domain name just redirects to a 'for sale' page, right?"

Actually, WRONG! It would be a complete disaster - putting the spotlight on him as an unrepentant scammer, whose "business" exists to sell the names of others, and for no other reason.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back