IT.COM

TM creation date VS Domain registration date

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all. I'm fully aware of the 3 items that must be satisfied in order for a UDRP complainant to have a chance of winning a case. One of the items that gets reviewed is the TM creation date vs a domain registration date. If a domain is registered before a TM was created, then the TM holder essentially has fewer grounds to claim it under a UDRP. However, if the same domain shifted registrars AND owners after the TM was created, does this then re-create the basis for which a TM owner can UDRP a domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
However, if the same domain shifted registrars AND owners after the TM was created, does this then re-create the basis for which a TM owner can UDRP a domain?

Yes. Depending on various factors. @jberryhill addressed this before but I don't have the link at hand. search the forum and I'm sure it'll pop up.

•••
•••
What about those ngtlds? many ngltds such like .xyz .online were created after 2014, can TM owners UDRP domains if they had TM before 2014?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back