Firstly, if there's a site that explains the whole tld thing please point me to it!! In this way I won't clog the board with what feels like very basic questions. With that that said...
I'm still confused when it comes to tlds that are not .com.
For example, if I can't have blahblah.com what would be the next best... .net or .cc or .tv. or .info or... OR, does it depend upon the domain (e.g. blahblah vs. yaddayadda) word I’m trying to register?? Basically, what is the "pecking" order when it comes to .tlds. Naturally, .com is at the top so where do the others fall??
Are particular tlds intended for particular types of names?? Meaning, is .info intended for informational type sites/domain names?? What's .tv good to use for??? What's .cc good for??? .Biz seems pretty self-explanatory... business! Right?? .Org is for organizational type names??
In short, I really would like to know the "resell value" of each .tld (I mean apart from the domain name itself) and to what sorts of names are we to marry them??
Phew... know what I mean????? :hehe:
Swift
I'm still confused when it comes to tlds that are not .com.
For example, if I can't have blahblah.com what would be the next best... .net or .cc or .tv. or .info or... OR, does it depend upon the domain (e.g. blahblah vs. yaddayadda) word I’m trying to register?? Basically, what is the "pecking" order when it comes to .tlds. Naturally, .com is at the top so where do the others fall??
Are particular tlds intended for particular types of names?? Meaning, is .info intended for informational type sites/domain names?? What's .tv good to use for??? What's .cc good for??? .Biz seems pretty self-explanatory... business! Right?? .Org is for organizational type names??
In short, I really would like to know the "resell value" of each .tld (I mean apart from the domain name itself) and to what sorts of names are we to marry them??
Phew... know what I mean????? :hehe:
Swift















