Dynadot

information Think Someone Wants To Buy Your Domain? Think Again!

NameSilo
Watch
Think-Someone-Wants-To-Buy-Your-Domain-Think-Again-Pic.jpg

Depending on the size or quality of your domain portfolio, you should get at least a few inquiries per year of interested buyers.

At first, it looks like a legit email. The person seems a bit sincere and interested in your domain name.

I tried to give the benefit of the doubt. I responded to the email with a price quote and got this reply.

READ MORE

@Willox Perez

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, The old Domain Appraisal scam, It has been going on as long as i can remember back, Just disregard that trash, Don't be discouraged because of it though. Today it is very tough to disclose your whois info, auto dialers and scammers will tear your phone number up calling it, It makes me POed big time too! Because i have made more sells via someone contacting by my phone number, than any other way. The second being contacted to my email.

Now that we are in age of so many scammers and POS, I myself, and i am sure a lot of people have to use whois privacy>:(

•••
Yeah, The old Domain Appraisal scam, It has been going on as long as i can remember back, Just disregard that trash, Don't be discouraged because of it though. Today it is very tough to disclose your whois info, auto dialers and scammers will tear your phone number up calling it, It makes me POed big time too! Because i have made more sells via someone contacting by my phone number, than any other way. The second being contacted to my email.

Now that we are in age of so many scammers and POS, I myself, and i am sure a lot of people have to use whois privacy

Yeah, I only have about one domain under whois privacy but I can see what you mean.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

-Omar

•••
Mark spam as spam as quickly has you can !

The appraisal scam is very hard to stop, in fact it appears completely legal.

•••
Mark spam as spam as quickly has you can !

The appraisal scam is very hard to stop, in fact it appears completely legal.

LOL Yep!

Just wanted to let others know how the email looks in case it happens to them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back