Dynadot

domain thene.ws (The News)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Doug824

Impact
Can someone give me an idea how they would value this domain? Any suggestions on strategy or finding suitable buyers would be appreciated too. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.ws domains are dead.
i had to many top keywords for .ws and i let them expire buddy

•••
Thanks for your reply. I really thought there would be value here since the domain is essentially the highly used phrase 'the news', only with a dot between the 'e' and the 'w'?

I thought the value would come from this, rather than the fact that it happens to be a .ws?

•••
thats the problem but i know,where you coming from,extensions do matter.

•••
Yeah completely agree they matter, just surprised they would matter so much. Did you find there was anything particularly problematic about .ws domains? Appreciate the insights

•••
.ws domains are well know now for emojis and spamming,unfortunately.
there has been only 4 sales this year and those are emojis. except last one.
xn--mt9h.ws 236 USD 2019-04-12 GoDaddy
xn--1ci.ws 105 USD 2019-04-12 Dynadot
yify.ws 168 USD 2019-03-07 GoDaddy
simp3.ws 260 USD 2019-02-22 GoDaddy
They're worthless compared to .com and .net, but so are all domains.
I guess it depends on if your buying it to sell or use yourself. To use yourself, it can be worth as much as you think in relation to your site..

•••
Value of various TLDs relative to .com (using 100 as value of .com) -- just my opinion, of course.
  • .com . . 100%
    .info . . . . 6%
    .net . . . . 5%
    .org . . . . 4%
    .biz . . .. 2-3%
    .tv, .tm . . 2%
    .us, .is, .it, .to . 1%
    .ws, .cc, etc. . <1%

•••
Well it looks like i've landed the perfect domain for my emoji spamming business :xf.wink:

That's a shame .ws got such a bad rep. I've read about domains which use an extension to complete a word or phrase being of high value in some cases, so i will take what you have said on board but remain open the right buyers being out there.

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back