Domain Empire

domains TheLastPickle.com drunkenly decided it was a good name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
DataStax is looking to boost its participation and capabilities in the open source Apache Cassandra database space with the acquisition of privately held firm The Last Pickle announced earlier this week. Financial terms of the deal were not publicly disclosed.

Though it has a somewhat quirky name, The Last Pickle is a serious business led by core committers and participants in the open source Cassandra project. The company provides consulting services to help organizations overcome challenges with Cassandra adoption and also has led the development of multiple critical tools used to manage the database including Cassandra Reaper and Cassandra Medusa.

... The name The Last Pickle (TheLastPickle.com) has nothing to do with Cassandra; rather, it's a somewhat whimsical domain name that Morton acquired in 2007.

"I was living in London, went out for some beers, came home, made a sandwich and there was one pickle left in the jar, " Morton recalled. "I kind of drunkenly decided it was a good name and registered this domain and then when I got involved in the open source Cassandra project I began using that as my email address."

read more (techtarget)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back