Established thegraphicscompany.uk design & hosting business for sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetgc

Established Member
Impact
The Graphics Company is a small part time business I have been running for many years. The .co.uk site has been around since 2003. At the moment it has 41 clients with approx 100 websites between them. Sites are hosted in the cloud with a main admin control panel and then a control panel allocated to each site. All existing customers have been acquired by word of mouth recommendation.

What is included in the sale?
Website with .uk and .co.uk domains. Existing customers plus three months support from me to help the new buyer become aquanted with customers. Also tech support for the site and customers during that period or longer by negotiation.

What is required to keep the business operational? The Graphics Company Site itself requires no input. Customers websites are mostly self managed with just 4 managed hostings to take care of but I will honour those contracts through to completion next year if required.

Why are you selling the business? Want move away from hosting and pursue my other passion which is music. Have been in the hosting business in one form or another since 1998.

How does the business generate revenue? Revenue is generated through hosting fees and website sales.

Are there any expenses for the business? If so, what are they? Only expense is the server fee which is approx $39 per month. Apart from that there are no other recurring expenses.

What marketing initiatives have been used for this business? This has always been a small business mostly run for my own clients. There has been no advertising at all. It's all recommendation and word of mouth.

How can the future owner improve the business? Advertising would be the first thing if you wished to expand the business. The hosting is really just a matter of siging people up for an account either self managed or managed. I would then perhaps upsell from there? I'm not a marketing guru so others will know better than me how to improve things. It is however a solid foundation with existing customers from which to go forward.

Perhaps a way of increasing revenue would be through the sale of SSL certificates to existing and future customers? These are no longer just for e-commerce sites. Since Google has now confirmed that sites with SSL will be ranked above those without, it is perhaps an extra sales avenue to explore. SEO itself is another as are other addons such as security plugins and with costly changes to sites like Photobucket perhaps image hosting etc?

Gross Revenue June 2016 to July 2017 = $9326
Net Profit= $8858

Domain: thegraphicscompany.co.uk
Registrar: Heart Internet
Registered on: 26-Oct-2003
Expiry date: 26-Oct-2017
Last updated: 27-Oct-2016
Domain Renewal Cost: £8.38 per year

Domain: thegraphicscompany.uk
Registrar: Heart Internet
Registered on: 20-Feb-2017
Expiry date: 20-Feb-2018
Last updated: 10-Mar-2017
Domain Renewal Cost : £9.58 per year

First image shows stats for thegraphicscompany.co.uk before I switched to using the .uk domain

thegraphicscompany.co.uk stats to April.png

Second image showing current stats after switching to the .uk domain
thegraphicscompany.uk stats after switch-over.png

P&L July 16 to June 17 (in dollars). Note this shows payments via Paypal but there are four customers who pay via Bank Transfer totalling just over £1000

P&L Jul16 to June 17.png

Offers above £7k
BIN: £10k

Happy to answer any questions and provide further info.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have lowered the BIN on this sale.

Also have two other sites for sale that may be of interest:
yamahamusicians.com - established 2002
pcmaczone.co.uk - established 2004

Will consider all offers.

•••
I have recently received offers for the "clients only". I had not originally considered selling just the client base but if this is your interest I would consider selling these separate from the website.

I have put together a little 'sales pack' for this listing. If anyone wants it please contact me.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back