IT.COM

interviews The Rise of .io: How to Value and Sell for Profit - With Mike Carson

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainSherpa

DomainSherpa.comVIP Member
DomainSherpa.com
Impact

The startup community LOVES .io domain names.

Never heard of .io and don't believe me? Today's Sherpa, Mike Carson (@ca98am79), will convince you, as well as share a method to value .io domain names for end users.

Then, he shows you how to find, contact and sell your newly acquired .io domain names without being an @$$hole.

http://www.domainsherpa.com/the-rise-of-io-mike-carson/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like .io (Input/Output) .

•••
The .io spike on Google Trends is due entirely to the Slither.io game. Slither's growing and waning popularity is the only reason there is a large fluctuation in that graph.

Always be cautious of statistics that you don't understand, and don't base investment decisions on mysterious spikes.

•••
@DomainSherpa , Mike, did you type in "php" to github? If Mike's valuation technique is anything to go by then it looks like you lost out buddy..... 198,000 results :xf.wink:

•••
Mike, did you type in "php" to github? If Mike's valuation technique is anything to go by then it looks like you lost out buddy..... 198,000 results

Very good point. Another user asked a similar question on the interview post at DomainSherpa. There are going to be exceptions to any rule. We, as investors, just need to figure out if we're looking at the rule or the exception before we make an investment.

•••
Wasn't sold on .io but this video is making me have second thoughts.

Just one quick question. As a newbie would you recommend going after .coms or .ios to begin with? Or have a mix of both?

Thanks in advance.

•••
As a newbie would you recommend going after .coms or .ios to begin with? Or have a mix of both?

Buying and selling .com domains should be the staple of all domain name investors. That is where you learn what has value and what is worthless.

If you want to try your hand in .io, then that's an option -- but reselling .io is not a novice concept and I'd suggest you master .com first before going into any niche.

Just my two cents.

Best,
Michael

•••
Buying and selling .com domains should be the staple of all domain name investors. That is where you learn what has value and what is worthless.

If you want to try your hand in .io, then that's an option -- but reselling .io is not a novice concept and I'd suggest you master .com first before going into any niche.

Just my two cents.

Best,
Michael

Thanks. Makes sense.

Let me take your 2 cents and turn them into $$$ :)

•••
•••
My personal opinion: if you can not find the .com, my next option would be .io.

•••
My personal opinion: if you can not find the .com, my next option would be .io.

Nope.. The next option should be another .com or .net or .co

•••
Nope.. The next option should be another .com or .net or .co

Now I am really confused. Basically sticking to .com is safe, I gather.

•••
Now I am really confused. Basically sticking to .com is safe, I gather.
yes, as a rule of thumb but dont buy crappy ones though. better to buy cake.io than fdedfdfd.com.

•••
•••
@DomainSherpa, visited your site and spent some time there plus subscribed to your newsletter.

Your site is a treasure trove, to say the least.

•••
Thanks for your guidance

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back