status-monitor The Plague

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
When I first joined in 2012, the forums were a little bit chaotic but members were genuinely helpful and constructive. Obviously this observation wasn't reflective of the entire community but was my perception of the greater majority of members.

Over the years, things have slowly moved downhill. While NamePros has evolved and adapted, we still have members who plague this forum with criticisms and negativity. Some do not add any value but seem to be allowed to troll the forums because they're established members. This makes me wonder if NamePros is more concerned with post count than the user experience. If I was a prospective member, I would run for the hills if I was met with the typical nonsense seen in certain threads. I still believe most members are good people, however, the minority usually ruins things for the greater majority.

I would love to see these members being banned for continually breaking the rules. I know I have reported some members many times for blatantly trolling. The result? Nothing. The reasoning? Heated debate. The outcome? These members continue to break the rules. Why do things work this way? We have members joining everyday. Frankly, these members are easily replaced. Let's stop the degradation of this forum and continue to move forward.

Before I get jumped on, I am not the perfect. I am not claiming to be. I also get drawn into virtual drama.

Responses to this thread should be focused on the topic, not on me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ELE = Everybody Love Everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
What I do is I use the ignore button.. Some threads look a bit weird due to it but it works perfectly :)

•••
@Shane Bellone - I've been sending reminders of our expectations for respect and constructiveness (a rule we take very seriously) to quite a few members lately. We like to give everyone a couple reminders of this rule before we close their account. Everyone has a bad day now and then, and that shouldn't cause them to lose their entire account. On the other hand, we do need to take action against repeat offenders.

With thousands of new posts each day and only 20 moderators, it's not easy for us to detect every incident. However, this is a top priority for us, and I ask that you send me a message with a link to any offending posts. I will personally investigate each incident that I receive and let you know the result and the action we took.

The vast majority of our members are respectful and constructive, but it only takes a handful of negative members to ruin a community. We are committed to preventing that from happening.

Thanks for helping us maintain a friendly and professional community!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back