IT.COM

.org The .ORG Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.org >>

Hello.

In view of the recent success of .ORG domain sales, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss the value of the .org extension.

1. Share Recent .ORG Sales

2. Share Your BEST .ORG domains

3. Share Your Opinion on .ORG

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Here are some other notable .org sales:

Engineering.org - $198,000
Date.org - sold for $150,000
Attorney.org - $38,500 sold @ SEDO on 9/25/2009
Hockey.org - $22,500 sold @ Moniker Traffic on 11/27/2009
HomeLoans.org - $37,000 sold @Private Sale on 08/19/2009

What's your best .ORG?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
0000.png

Iconic name around the world, with cult status in movies, TV shows, video games, music, flags, furniture, works of art, glass bongs, and a multi award-winning strain of cannabis.

I think the extension works well with this name, giving a memorable 'underground' feel/branding.

Appropriate for a site on gaming, cannabis, art, politics, discussion/forum (it was previously a newsgroup service), news/magazine/blog, and it's a pretty cool email address.

•••
I was just reviewing what I posted last year in this thread - a few dropped, a few more added.....1 sold

NeoBank - couple of offers
American River
eFinance
Health Portal
Pets Online - few offers
Crypto Accountant
Fulham
Soif
ePulse
Climate Bank
Swiss Lab
Folkestone
Public Labs
Best Mind - had an offer
Keep Clean
waver
EcoNova
Just Organics - had an offer
Virtual Voice
Brain Clinic
contactos
Eco Gold
Blue Roots - had an offer
Precision Agriculture
Prime Editing
Mushroom Medicine
Magic Space - had an offer
Smart Shelter

•••
I have still

onlinewerbung.org

100 Euros have already been offered :ROFL:

•••
•••
0000.png

Iconic name around the world, with cult status in movies, TV shows, video games, music, flags, furniture, works of art, glass bongs, and a multi award-winning strain of cannabis.

I think the extension works well with this name, giving a memorable 'underground' feel/branding.

Appropriate for a site on gaming, cannabis, art, politics, discussion/forum (it was previously a newsgroup service), news/magazine/blog, and it's a pretty cool email address.

Does it have traffic?

AK47 is my favorite counterstriker rifle weapon

•••
•••
FinancialStrategies

just a fresh catch

•••
•••
Does it have traffic?

No, not really. It does have several thousand Google Workspace licenses/accounts though.

I just think it's a cool name that could work for different types of sites, especially gaming. The background image on the BIN lander is actually from CS, which I think gave it some cult status with gamers, although they called it a "CV-47".

•••
Phoneapps.org( 13 years back its was website for purchasing phone app by web)
Treatonline.org
In this covid era , people needs a lot of health assissting ..they cant go out for everythin so treatonline.org would be very helpful i guess

Last edited:
•••
•••
How do people differtiate between .org and .net
For selecting a domain name..??

•••
•••
Added a couple more over the last few months......

Trak
Gold Care
Learn Studio
People Science
Practical Health

•••
It's 2021. There's a LOT of educational material online about domaining, domain valuations, performing due diligence before speculatively registering domains, etc.

There's also a good bit of sales data . . and yet, looking through this thread from the perspective of someone who's been "in the domain game" since 1998 - especially looking at the listed domains in the context of all the available EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL - I am nothing less than STUNNED at the absolute JUNK that people who consider themselves "domainers" are continuing to register.

Save your $$$$. Buy one decent .Org. Shop around. Find an undervalued .Org in the aftermarket. Buy wisely on the drop. Do NOT confuse a .Org that is purchased for its backlink profile with a .Org that is purchased at ^^$$^^ for its inherent value in use.

Unless you've done all the necessary due diligence (domain topic trend analysis, PPC analysis, topical demand analysis, alternatives analysis, etc.) do NOT delude yourself into thinking a few keywords in a .Org domain . . or some cutesy spin an a word variation (Sales.org vs Salez.org) . . will make a given .Org domain valuable.

I do not seek to sell my .Org holdings. I'd rather develop them or pass them on to my children to develop. However, from time to time, I have sold some of my .Org holdings and - for many of you - the $number$ would take your breath away . . because it's all about quality . . not will-nilly registration of "domains-as-lotto-tickets".

You will never resell your lottery-ticket-domain (maybe 1 in 10,000, for no real $$$$$) . . but, odds are pretty good that IF you secure a decent .Org and are wise about your investing . . you WILL make $. Serious $.

Which takes serious research, learning, thinking and patient work.

Good luck.

•••
•••
1853.org

1883.org

5x7.org

8827.org

av2.org

avoy.org

aytm.org

badcreditmortgages.org

boose.org

brasier.org

brewingsupplies.org

buycomputer.org

buyusedcars.org

candied.org

cargps.org

•••
Sudanese.org
Orthopedists.org
Geophysicists.org
Fencers.org (the guys who suit up and try to stab each other)

•••
for some reason, I start love .org....I am not sure if the cocern regard .org already been fixed or not yet...but in any case, I decide use .org for some of my personal project/sites...which make me much satisifed then any other extension...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back