Domain Empire

.tv The Museum of Broadcast Communications Embraces .TV

NameSilo
Watch
www.Museum.TV

The last time I visited The Museum of Broadcast Communications they had a .org addy. Now its .TV!

I think this bodes well for the .TV extension...

--in terms of mass exposure as many visiting tourists, to the new 25 million dollar facility, as well as the general (global) public and communications students, online, will learn about the history of broadcast communications and watch rare clips at a .TV extension.

--in terms of the TV industry itself adapting the extension to distinctly brand itself, and company properties, online. In essence following the lead of the TV historians.

--in terms of reassuring advertisers of the viability/staying power/public acceptance of the .TV domain ext.

Those of you in doubt (read denial) should have a little less doubt about the future of .TV as the history of the medium will forever be told, and archived at a .TV.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yup. Excellent for the .TV namespace to have a site like museum.tv developed.

Can you imagine that we still have to put up with folks writing, "but you know, .TV is a ccTLD, and it is really only supposed to be for Tuvalu..."

Please.

AmCy

eyedomainous said:
Those of you in doubt (read denial) should have a little less doubt about the future of .TV as the history of the medium will forever be told, and archived at a .TV...

Indeed. Well articulated, Mr. eye :tu:

AmCy

•••
My prediction

A little off subject, but I predict that in the future (2+ years), with the merging of television and internet, the .tv ext will be synonymous with video (over the internet). When we started browsing the internet 10+ years ago, it was predominately text with few images. The next movement was more graphical/dynamic. As soon as the infrastructure can handle it, video type sites (beyond flash) will be the norm, along with client side voice recognition... giving the browser a more "tv" like experience. Instead of having "channels", we'll use web addresses. Instead of browsing the internet in our office and watching tv in our living room, we'll have the capability of doing both from anywhere with our handheld, cellphone like devices. :imho:

What do you all think?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back