The Most Valuable ccTLD!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Which ccTLD has the most value?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • .US

    10 
    votes
    27.0%
  • .CA

    0 
    votes
    0.0%
  • .TV

    2 
    votes
    5.4%
  • .DE

    11 
    votes
    29.7%
  • .BZ

    0 
    votes
    0.0%
  • .CN

    1 
    vote
    2.7%
  • .CC

    1 
    vote
    2.7%
  • .WS

    3 
    votes
    8.1%
  • .JP

    0 
    votes
    0.0%
  • .UK

    1 
    vote
    2.7%
  • I hate them all!

    6 
    votes
    16.2%
  • Other

    2 
    votes
    5.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

kjmz

VIP Member
Impact
17
Hi,

I'm wondering which ccTLD people think has the most value. Also some more information on all the ccTLD's. Remember that .bz, .tv, etc. are all ccTLD's!

Please vote!

Thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Currently .de, hands down, as it has more regs than even some international TLDs. Next would be co.uk.
 
0
•••
Personally, .us is my favorite and ultimately, I believe it will become the most valued of the ccTLD's (eventually supplanting .de).
 
0
•••
.us here. I also voted for it :)
 
0
•••
Anyone like com.ve/.co.ve? :P It`s my country`s cctld. I got quite a few hehe
 
0
•••
I forgot to put .UK, I'm getting a moderator to change .TK to it.
 
0
•••
Based on sales history, .de has proven itself to be #1 by a long shot. However, I think in the future, .us will be right behind it.
 
0
•••
.de is by far the most dominate and I concur with Adoptable that .us has a chance to possibly rival it, however, I believe that .eu will in the long run become a force as well along with .in and .ca.
 
0
•••
I out .ws because I think country ones are useless, because it's more useful looking for user in other countries.
 
0
•••
I can't argue with .DE and .US, and their future looks even brighter. :tu:

By the way, I think .co.uk should have been included in the list.

:!:
 
0
•••
slaughterbeck said:
.de is by far the most dominate and I concur with Adoptable that .us has a chance to possibly rival it, however, I believe that .eu will in the long run become a force as well along with .in and .ca.

I think you're right about .in and .eu. Although not available yet, it probably has the best potential in a class with .de and .us. I think ccTLD's generally will appeal to the end customers within that country though. Canada's .ca has one strike against it, which is the smaller population of Canada at only about 32 million, which is about half that of UK and Germany. Also, half of Canada speaks French adding another word/language division.

I think the popularity/value is a formula of several components:

1. Population.
2. Spendable Income of the inhabitants of the country. (consumerism)
3. How connected is the population to the internet.
4. How capable are the residents at buying from the internet (credit cards, paypal, etc.)
5. How much censorship is there of the public by the local government.

On a world scale, I think .in has the population, but is just just growing in ability to consume more than necessities by the population as a whole. .eu has a broad appeal in the whole population of Europe who are major consumers.

The southeast asian ccTLD's will be popular there, but you need to understand a different and difficult language with different character sets. therefore I don't see much value in .cn for english names.

If Australia and UK would offer second levels, I think they would go over very well.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
one vote for .us
 
0
•••
The highest value ccTLD, with no close second, is .de at the moment.
Do I think it will stay #1?
No.
I think .us is going to pick up steam, and .in seems to want to try...
Same as everyone else has noted, .eu has a chance (But not when the EU members still view themselves more as individual nations than a collective) and if uk offers .uk instead of the confusing .co .ltd .net .org .me setup, it too could take off.

Had to vote .de , simply because you asked current value, not future potential.

-Allan
 
0
•••
I voted for .us. Although, .de would be my second choice.
 
0
•••
.de. Numbers don't lie (not very often).
 
0
•••
.de is the best, but soon .eu will rise
 
0
•••
Which country is .de for?
 
0
•••
Germany
 
0
•••
Why do you guys think .de has such good numbers?
 
0
•••
kjmz said:
Why do you guys think .de has such good numbers?

Germany has a fair size population, technical and internet savvy population, high percentage of broadband, both high in cusumer spending and and producing and selling. Also government that backs business enterprise and internet sales. Also fairly early on, they allowed easy second level registrations, as opposed to US that was just a couple years ago and UK which still doesn't.

I think they also have a fair amount of nationalism and like being associated with their own TLD rather than be bunched in .com with the English speaking countries. The bulk of the high profile names are German in the .de TLD.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back