IT.COM

The future of .COM after new gTLDs boom! Big DROP?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

New.Life

THE.COMPANYEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Out of your 3 examples only one of them is actually fully using their .brand TLD (banco.bradesco) but frankly I doubt anyone outside of Brazil has ever heard of this bank. The other 2 examples are still using their .com as their main website URL; and most likely always will.

Why didn't they use .COM instead of wasting money on a nTLD for that pages too? :xf.grin:

Then why NCC Group gave up their .COM? :xf.grin:
Why Weir Group gave up their .COM? :xf.grin:
Didn't you know that Barclays, Saxo Bank .COMs are redirecting to their nTLD?:xf.grin:

Do they consider .COM as a king and nTLDs as a failure? No. Are they small guys like us? I don't think so. :xf.smile:

Did Apple, Home Depot, Walmart, OldNavy, Amazon, Bmw, Godaddy, Google, Ford, Audi, Man group, GAP, Bing, McDonalds, Target, Citi, Best Buy, Honeywell etc. announced that they will drop the corpTLDs they acquired? :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Did Apple, Home Depot, Walmart, OldNavy, Amazon, Bmw, Godaddy, Google, Ford, Audi, Man group, GAP, Bing, McDonalds, Target, Citi, Best Buy, Honeywell etc. announced that they will drop the corpTLDs they acquired? :xf.grin:

So if they don't announce they will drop their corpTLDs, completely ignoring the fact that most of these companies are not (fully) using their .brand, you consider it a success? Cool. I guess I see it differently than you.

Last edited:
•••
http://essential.reviews/

This is what happens when a ngtld that fits perfectly on both sides of the dot is developed by an ideal end user.

In my honest opinion: The adoption has begun, but I still will only buy .coms in the aftermarket because the .com market is incomparably more liquid at this time.

Last edited:
•••
http://essential.reviews/

This is what happens when a ngtld that fits perfectly on both sides of the dot is developed by an ideal end user.

In my honest opinion: The adoption has begun, but I still will only buy .coms in the aftermarket because the .com market is incomparably more liquid at this time.
I agree with you. But some people here don't agree with the point "The adoption has begun".

•••
Out of your 3 examples only one of them is actually fully using their .brand TLD (banco.bradesco)

fail. bradesco.com or bradesco.com.br would be much better... banco.bradesco

Now is it bank.brand or about.brand or start.brand or home.brand or country.brand or whatever.brand.?

Very easy remember...NOT

It's is actually longer than the .com and harder to remember what is the point of an upgrade if it is actually a downgrade.

this is one of the reasons why .brand will not work. It's longer and harder to remember.

It seems that banks are more likely to move to their brand than other. I wonder if the reasons are safety concerns and the idea is that customers can trust .brand.

The problem is that in the real world this won't work out.

With so many options it is much easier to create phishing domains and mislead users.

customers will get confused and tricked by websites like brand.support or brand.website or brand.finance etc.

brand.com is still the safest option.

Last edited:
•••

Now is it bank.brand or about.brand or start.brand or home.brand or country.brand or whatever.brand.?

Very easy remember...NOT

It's is actually longer than the .com and harder to remember what is the point of an upgrade if it is actually a downgrade.
Who cares. The most important part is they moved to a nTLD.

•••

Very easy remember...NOT

your first language is
Portuguese? if not, u should ask
Brazilian --- how do they think about banco.bradesco .i am chinese, and some Chinese hate english ,because our first language are characters symbol

•••
your first language is
Portuguese? if not, u should ask
Brazilian --- how do they think about banco.bradesco .i am chinese, and some Chinese hate english ,because our first language are characters symbol

why do you think that? For them it is no different than bank.brand for an English speaking person. Or why would you think otherwise?

•••
Who cares. The most important part is they moved to a nTLD.

yeah it does not matter if the extensions are actually better or worse in the real world because since they are new everyone will magically switch to them regardless of the results they are getting.

of course not. If you want to see sustainable long-term adaption they need to work better, much better otherwise there is no reason for a company to switch.

over the long term the approach that is more effective, that makes them the most money, after all business is about money, right, will be used.

if you have an URL that confuses at least 50% of your customers and that is longer and that is harder to remember you won't get good results.

Last edited:
•••
yeah it does not matter if the extensions are actually better or worse in the real world because since they are new everyone will magically switch to them regardless of the results they are getting.

of course not. If you want to see sustainable long-term adaption they need to work better, much better otherwise there is no reason for a company to switch.

over the long term the approach that is more effective, that makes them the most money, after all business is about money, right, will be used.

You make a valid point for existing businesses, but, what about new ones?

•••

it is the same. sooner or later they will use what works best for them. one of the reasons why .net never became that popular they were losing traffic to the .com

if you had a business on .net you did worse than with .com

Last edited:
•••
it is the same. sooner or later they will use what works best for them. one of the reasons why .net never became that popular they were losing traffic to the .com

if you had a business on .net you did worse than with .com
:xf.grin:
Good dream. Pray until Banco Bradesco switch back to old TLDs or go bankrupt.

•••
Can you see dordomai's .COM ego? :xf.grin:

He never give a valid and proper answer to your question.

Last edited:
•••
Can you see dordomai's .COM ego? :xf.grin:

I didn't buy some worthless extensions and insist that my extensions will be used instead of .com soon.

•••
Before you talk about others' failures, you proved that you failed when you appraised one of my nTLD at $10 when I got an offer at $1000. You remember that? :xf.grin:
This is not what I said. I said: "I wouldn't spend $10 on it". Everyone can get lucky sometimes.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day :)
If I always sucked at appraising domains, I wouldn't be making any sales.

You are a nTLD hater.
I do not consider myself a hater nor a worshiper, but a skeptic. Naysayers are more often right than wrong in this industry. The biggest haters are end users, not domainers. Domainers (some of them) are big nTLD buyers.

The naysayers are not popular as bearer of bad news, but they are not responsible for the failures of new extensions in any way.

Yes. There is at least one end user in your list, that has terminated one of its delegated TLDs. Walmart.

And if they let them rot without using them - it's almost as bad.

•••
It seems that banks are more likely to move to their brand than other. I wonder if the reasons are safety concerns and the idea is that customers can trust .brand.
In fact .br has a lot of third level extensions (60+). The most popular if course .com.br but there are plenty of others. There is B.BR, just for banks, with mandatory use of DNSSEC.
Full list: https://registro.br/dominio/categoria.html

With so many options it is much easier to create phishing domains and mislead users.

customers will get confused and tricked by websites like brand.support or brand.website or brand.finance etc.
Exactly right, I have made the point in the past. Consumers don't know what they can trust or not. Even if .bank is very safe because it's subject to strict vetting - the average person has no clue about the requirements and checks the applicant had to clear.

•••
Show me at least one post that I told "nTLDs will dominate the world within next 3 years" 3 years ago.

You will fail again when the majority of the delegated corpTLDs moved to their own TLD. It takes time.

According to my knowledge your 3 years thing is valid only for Neustar and Chinese Name for Citic Group because those are the only corpTLDs delegated 3 years ago. Actually .Neustar delegated in 19th Feb 2014.

Both Companies use their corpTLDs for websites already.

Citic not happy with .brand it seems.. they switched back. so a full transition cycle (switch from .com to .brand and then switch back to .com) takes 3 years :xf.grin:

Future of .brand in China dim

It does not make sense. I just read that China Citic Bank recently changed its site from Bank.ecitic.com to Citicbank.com. Wait a minute. Another .com again? Wasn't .citic launched two years ago? Why would an important member of the Citic group not reside on their own land (.citic) but still choose to live under somebody else's roof (.com)?

According to its own description, China International Trust and Investment Corporation (CITIC) is the largest conglomerate in China. In 2015, Citic ranked 186th in Fortune Global 500. This means Citic is an influential leader in China's corporate world and its domain strategy certainly affects other Chinese companies.

The group launched .citic and .中信 (citic in Chinese) in early 2014. When .citic was launched, they also changed their corporate site Citic.com to redirect to Limited.citic. Two years later, how is the transition going? Limited.citic no longer resolves and their corporate site is back to Citic.com. Visitors are no longer introduced to .citic.

http://coreile.com/p160629.html

obviously citic.com is much better than limited.citic(which sucks and confuses)

Last edited:
•••
This is not what I said. I said: "I wouldn't spend $10 on it". Everyone can get lucky sometimes.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day :)
If I always sucked at appraising domains, I wouldn't be making any sales.
That's automatically become your appraisal. That's why one person hammered on your appraisal.

Yes. There is at least one end user in your list, that has terminated one of its delegated TLDs. Walmart.
Good to hear about that .Walmart has been terminated. Can you show me a reliable source you got that news?:)

•••
Citic not happy with .brand it seems.. they switched back. so a full transition cycle (switch from .com to .brand and then switch back to .com) takes 3 years :xf.grin:

http://coreile.com/p160629.html

obviously citic.com is much better than limited.citic(which sucks and confuses)

For your note that citic.com is Citic Limited and it a subsidiary of Citic group. So the group company uses http://www.group.citic/ while the subsidiary company of it use Citic.com. .brand is live in the parent site. ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Joke of the year. :-P

It's NOT .Walmart
It's xn--4gq48lf9j

Go to nic.walmart it nicely redirecting Walmart site. :xf.grin:
Your dreams won't come true. Walmart is going to use .Walmart TLD. Hahaha :-P
xn--4gq48lf9j is still a gTLD of wal-mart which got deleted (https://www.icann.org/resources/agreement/xn--4gq48lf9j-2015-07-31-en) . It means "number one store".

But yeah they didn't delete .walmart (yet?).
The only thing they are doing with .walmart right now is redirecting one nTLD url to their .com site. If that's your indicator of success then maybe you need new measurement tools.

You also conveniently left out that that page has 19 other gTLDs which got terminated (and the list is growing) ;)

Last edited:
•••
xn--4gq48lf9j is still a gTLD of wal-mart which got deleted (https://www.icann.org/resources/agreement/xn--4gq48lf9j-2015-07-31-en) . It means "number one store".

But yeah they didn't delete .walmart (yet?).
The only thing they are doing with .walmart right now is redirecting one nTLD url to their .com site. If that's your indicator of success or adaptation then maybe you need new measurement tools.

You also conveniently left out that that page has 19 other gTLDs which got terminated (and the list is growing) ;)
I clearly mentioned that "Good to hear about that .Walmart has been terminated." You couldn't prove that. Hahaha :xf.grin::-P

•••
walmart does not have any web presence under .walmart according to Google.

another fail.

see walmart.com and corporate.walmart.com

Last edited:
•••
I clearly mentioned that "Good to hear about that .Walmart has been terminated." You couldn't prove that. Hahaha :xf.grin::-P
I didn't need to prove anything. I did a Google search for wal-mart gTLD termination and found the link I posted. The fact remains that wal-mart decided to terminate a gTLD they paid $185,000 for.

There will be many more gTLD terminations in the future.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back