Dynadot

question The 'floor' value of a [kw]+coin.com domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the floor price for [kw]+coin.com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • $0 - $50

• $50 - $100

• $100 - $300

• $300 - $500

• $500 - $1000

• $1000 - $3000

• $3000+

• $525,600

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Impact
Hello to you!

Obviously the crypto currency landscape is exploding, and so are crypto/coin domains.

In your opinion, what is the floor price of a [kw]+coin.com domain?

I took the median of 2017 sales listed on name bio and it comes out to $360 USD, but that is a crude way to come up with a number. I'm also seeing people offer $100 - $500 in the WTB, so that might reinforce the $360 floor price.

TheDomains.com thinks that even $677 is too low for [kw]+coin.com domains;

a59jD4r.jpg

So... what do YOU think?

Thank you in advance for sharing your opinion, it is appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on the keyword, but the floor is $0. Not every keyword + coin is going to have re-seller value.

Brad

•••
What Brad said. You took the average of the sold KW+coin, which is not the same as any KW+coin. In other words, you didn't take just random keywords, but some of the better quality keywords.

On a similar note, I just checked and all LLcoin.com combos are taken.

•••
if there are available Word + coin.com's still available there is no floor.

there is only a floor when all available Word + coin combos have been taken and in a liquidation scenario a name can get a least 'X' dollar amount for it.

ColorfulCoin.com - still avail for reg

•••
Alright, thanks for your feedback @urlurl @bmugford @Asfas1000 maybe I needed to narrow the scope of my question to one domain.

What I was looking for was the expectation/price for a 'good' [kw]+coin.com, I should have used an example instead of asking for the technical "floor" price.

So with that said, RingCoin sold for $667, do you agree with TheDomains in saying that this was undersold?

Last edited:
•••
I would say it was under sold based on who would be the most likely enduser (someone making coin rings) One gold Indian Head ring would sell for twice what the domain sold for.

What TD is saying, in my opinion, is if the keyword fits coin, then why sell for less than for figs?

•••
like any other name it all depends on the key word and possible use.

GoldCoin, RareCoin, RingCoin, etc has nothing to do with crypto and has good value

CryptoCoin, EtherCoin, TechCoin is directly related to crypto currency and has good value

MountainCoin, PoopCoin, CottageCoin, etc. may have some value - but only to the right buyer and may have a hard time in the resellers market.

•••
More [kw]+coin domains for those that love the 'floor price' of $0 - $50 lol

G5trgfT.jpg

xEpxtcO.jpg

•••
i'm with Brad, floor is $0

imo....

•••
tbh, crypto companies are moving away from ending their cryptos in "coin" and just using random names. Like Neo, Kyber, Stellar Lumens, etc. etc. I feel like "coin" is old terminology.

But of course Bitcoin<Keyword> will be hot for a few more years :). So I've been trying to find Bitcoin<GEO> or GEOBitcoin to no avail.

•••
bh, crypto companies are moving away from ending their cryptos in "coin" and just using random names. Like Neo, Kyber, Stellar Lumens, etc. etc. I feel like "coin" is old terminology.

yeah, fork + keyword is another new trend

imo....

•••
i'm with Brad, floor is $0

imo....

Kw+coin domains are selling well and being snapped up on the aftermarket.

Owners can price them as they see fit.

I should have just titled it "what price would you sell your [kw]+coin domain for"

•••
I bought Estate/Coin for a solid amount on the resell market.

Definitely worth investing in a few KW "Coin" names I'd say. For a good keyword, anything less than $500 is a good price.

•••
I bought Estate/Coin for a solid amount on the resell market.

Definitely worth investing in a few KW "Coin" names I'd say. For a good keyword, anything less than $500 is a good price.
What does estatecoin do? Just wondering. . . I'm not too well-versed in the niche from a domaining perspective. Is it going to go off of the real estate block chains?

•••
What does estatecoin do? Just wondering. . . I'm not too well-versed in the niche from a domaining perspective. Is it going to go off of the real estate block chains?

No idea..whatever you want it to do.

•••
I've been picking up bitcoin+kw .coms from the drop lists, and selling them for $50-$100. Looks as if I've been underselling them. Maybe I should up the prices. :)

It seemed like a good way to buy Bitcoin at 1/10th of the market price.

•••
I own a [kw]+coin domain that was just launched as an ICO.

When they inquired pre-launch I quoted them high 5 figures. We have been in talks and it looks like their game plan is to see how the ICO goes and secure the .COM with the funding if it goes well.

This is what many .io launches do if they can't secure the .com with their current funding.

Also have another [kw]+coin with interest, and two with absolutely no interest as of today.

With the money being made on ICOs and BTC I personally will not be selling for discount prices.

•••
You made money, don't think about it. :)

I've been picking up bitcoin+kw .coms from the drop lists, and selling them for $50-$100. Looks as if I've been underselling them. Maybe I should up the prices. :)

It seemed like a good way to buy Bitcoin at 1/10th of the market price.

With your coin names I would be asking a lot.

With the money being made on ICOs and BTC I personally will not be selling for discount prices.

Anyone selling keyword + "chain" domains?

•••
i don't think, you really can define a "floor" for a domain category, outside of 2/3 to 4 letters in com/net/org etc,
and those too, are dependent on how each individual owner will sell their domains for.

if the subject was about any of these random keywords :
mobile, media, auto, insurance, city, etc, etc ,
then what would be the "floor" price for them?:

we know that paired with the right prefix/suffix, it could either be awesome combo or maybe not so awesome.

but i sold a "coin + keyword" com before this hype came into play
and have another "coin + keyword" which received inquiry via Voodoo ppc page recently.

so, it's not some much where "coin" rests within the domain, but how the name is perceived as a "whole".

Anyone selling keyword + "chain" domains?

BTW@Adam27: i have "twistedchain.com" ( 12yrs old), since you asked.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
•••
tbh, crypto companies are moving away from ending their cryptos in "coin" and just using random names. Like Neo, Kyber, Stellar Lumens, etc. etc. I feel like "coin" is old terminology.

But of course Bitcoin<Keyword> will be hot for a few more years :). So I've been trying to find Bitcoin<GEO> or GEOBitcoin to no avail.

bitcoinCL.com available at Godaddy closeouts. for only $8
you may grab it.

•••
Not a bad few days for 'coin' domains.

cpucoin.com 5,784 USD 12/18/2017 Sedo
mecoin.com 20,350 USD 12/16/2017 GoDaddy
bitcoinchange.com 3,150 USD 12/13/2017 GoDaddy
coinbell.com 2,800 USD 12/13/2017 TLDPros.com
coinzine.com 1,005 USD 12/11/2017 GoDaddy
coinzoom.com 3,050 USD 12/10/2017 GoDaddy
aerocoin.com 6,801 USD 12/9/2017 DropCatch

•••
"Coin + Keyword" domains have value too. :)

Not a bad few days for 'coin' domains.

cpucoin.com 5,784 USD 12/18/2017 Sedo
mecoin.com 20,350 USD 12/16/2017 GoDaddy
bitcoinchange.com 3,150 USD 12/13/2017 GoDaddy
coinbell.com 2,800 USD 12/13/2017 TLDPros.com
coinzine.com 1,005 USD 12/11/2017 GoDaddy
coinzoom.com 3,050 USD 12/10/2017 GoDaddy
aerocoin.com 6,801 USD 12/9/2017 DropCatch

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back