The Facebook vanity thread

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

the_poet

Top Member
Impact
934
Facebook to let users customize their profile addresses with nicknames

As title says, Facebook countdown has begun and, when finished, this page will let you choose your unique username. After you set your own, you can't edit it anymore, so it's important to be very careful. Obviously, many (including me) have started to think about the possible cybersquatting and the consequences it may have. Get ready to set yours, before someone steals it ;)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I figured this was worth a post. As many of you know, Facebook issued vanity URLs tonight starting at 12 AM. You can get your own vanity url at Facebook Name Change. Your account must have been created prior to June 9th 2009 to be eligible for namechange.
I attempted to get domain/domains/domain.names but all were unavailable. I believe Facebook actually has a ban on those keywords.
I did manage to grab /auctions :)

Please post your vanity urls if you feel so inclined!


auctions! nice one.. i tried that..
i was lucky to beta test gmail in april 2004 and got good gmails... i have [email protected] ;)
 
0
•••
I got facebook.com/domaining
 
0
•••
double post , but got manhattanapartments....easy to take all manhattan listings from agents , put a craigslist style list up and get commissions

does anyone think facebook will start getting searched like google? or type in traffic like .com??
 
0
•••
Already controversy has brewed up... People taking other peoples' well-established online names. It's heating up on Twitter.
 
0
•••
Galel link me to the controversy lol!
 
0
•••
0
•••
Everyone you can get facebook.com/domainname.net(or any other extension besides .com, they allow periods, easy links!)
 
0
•••
Yes, they allow up to 4 dots in usernames, so you can set a link to your domain ;)

Anyway thanks to whoever edited this thread's title, it's been a good idea! May we move this to the main discussion section?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I wonder how this is going to play out down the line. Should be very interesting!
 
0
•••
wow...
seems like we are gonna have millions and millions of "domainers"
 
0
•••
It's amazing how every good keyword seems to be already taken!
 
0
•••
I also got one for my profile. :)
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
facebook.com/kevinmacpherson

is mine :tu:
 
0
•••
Branded nickname for me: daveincarthage

By the way, what username would you choose? Name.Surname, NSurname, Surname, etc?
 
0
•••
Facebook.com/Loscocco
 
0
•••
Even some naughty and random words were taken xD
I wonder if Facebook just censors/blocked those from the start though.
 
0
•••
Got facebook.com/barrucadu :)

I was going to stay up until 5 and get it ASAP, but I fell asleep and grabbed it at around 12. Evidently it's not a very common (nick)name :p
 
0
•••
I wonder if Facebook just censors/blocked those from the start though.

According to a few articles, Facebook blocked a number of generic keywords from being registered as well as trademarked names. As far as the trademarked names are concerned, there was some sort of preregistration period for those names.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back