NameSilo

The.biz acquisition. What's GoDaddy up to?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

John V

Established Member
Impact
What is up with all this new negative propaganda surrounding .biz? Its causing major price drops. Who is buying up these premium domains so cheap? Something is going on here. Godaddy will not allow me to sell my premium .biz domains on their site(s). When I called, a representative told me that “they could not list my premium high valued domain on their site”. That's it.

I received the following message when i tried:

Sorry, ----.biz is not eligible for listing on GoDaddy auctions. More info
More info link:
While GoDaddy Auctions supports the vast majority of Top-Level Domains, we can`t list this particular domain right now. We`re working on building out the infrastructure to handle domains like this and will email you when we`re ready to go.

Cannot list them on Afternic either. Also, a Godaddy platform.
I think one should be cautious not to just dump their premium .biz domains just yet. GoDaddy
did not become the world’s biggest registrar by accident. Are they trying clean up and reinvent .biz, or is it a market strategy: Devaluate. Grab the loin share cheaply. Reestablish value. Sell…

What’s your take here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most likely a reboot....

I would get rid of all .biz now... not even worth renewing.

•••
What?

Looks like GD trying Registry business. Try control supply chain..

GD has long avoided registry business, minus .me partnership?

Samer

Last edited:
•••
.biz feels "dead extension walking"

The damage has been done to .biz imo.

I think .co, .us more long-value to GD.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
That's what I've talking about...

"get rid of all .biz now... not even worth renewing".
"The damage has been done to .biz imo".

Statements without merit.

Why get rid of?
What damage?

If I purchase a short premium .biz, that fits my business model and is marketed properly, I would be creating value for the domain as well as my business. That's what domains are all about.

.com
.net
.org THESE ARE STILL THE TOP EXTENSIONS... Everyone is trying to create a new .com
.info There is even a .wtf extension Lol...
.biz

Are these statements to protect and promote your investments secondary extensions???

•••

Why get rid of?
What damage?

If I purchase a short premium .biz, that fits my business model and is marketed properly, I would be creating value for the domain as well as my business. That's what domains are all about..

Beg to differ. Most non-.com to me are “shady” and You went with .biz.. lol! imo least net is #2 arguably right up there with .org

.biz is nothing more than fodder protect brand. You want the .biz so someone else doesnt get.
.biz is “.sucks” to me, and colloquial informal
had good discussion about this @Bob Hawkes
@jmcc also wrote about .biz in his book.

.biz is past the point of no return

damage to .biz reputation is with merit.
Just look at the .biz “aftermarket” Say no more

Sorry bud, reminds me of poor man’s “.sucks”
I would only own a secondary extension so competitor wouldnt get it. To attempt profit off it, is throwing money away. I’m 100% 💯 .com

Last edited:
•••

Why get rid of?
What damage?

If I purchase a short premium .biz, that fits my business model and is marketed properly, I would be creating value for the domain as well as my business. That's what domains are all about.

.com
.net
.org THESE ARE STILL THE TOP EXTENSIONS... Everyone is trying to create a new .com
.info There is even a .wtf extension Lol...
.biz

Are these statements to protect and promote your investments secondary extensions???

Yeah go buy a premium.biz I will bet that a lot of people would go to premiumbiz.com or premium.com instead of your premium.biz hahah

•••
Yeah go buy a premium.biz I will bet that a lot of people would go to premiumbiz.com or premium.com instead of your premium.biz hahah

“premium” .biz”?

That has to be an oxymoron xD

Like “premium” renewal pricing.
non-.com were already worth less to me!
and now they’re uncapped with premiums LOL

My bias runs deep against this .biz extension.
Honestly, @Steven McEvoy, i look .biz “could have been” study .biz to know what not do Neustar!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back