NameSilo

The BIDO template

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
I think that on the bottom of NamePros, we need to have a drop down that will allow us to select the type of template we want to use.

The BIDO template is very annoying and is hurting my eyes, and I am on an extremely low contract/brightness setting, I can just imagine for people with bright monitors.

Truthfully, if we don't want to keep seeing the sponsored template after it is live, we should be able to change back to the old template at the bottom of the page. Think about it, there is no point in a member seeing it more than once if we do not want to. We see it once, we know that they are a sponsor it won't make it any better for repeat members.

The option should be there. Just a suggestion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why dont you sponsor NP and have what ever background your heart desires

•••
coreyg said:
why dont you sponsor NP and have what ever background your heart desires

Thank You!

•••
Bodis has sponsored NamePros in the past.

Thank you for your feedback!

•••
i agree with OP, but i understand that they sponsor NP, so its only fair to change the theme for them.

HOWEVER, the theme shouldn't change the functionality of the website - i'm referring to the images that used to show up next to each subforum on the homepage that indicated if there were new posts or not. i heavily rely on these to see if there are new posts in a certain subforum, and im sure others do as well.

if that could get fixed, i'd much appreciate it. thanks.

•••
It is not so much the theme that actually bothers me, but the text in the middle of the forum, which is a little hard to read. Mainly the thread names, not the posts.

What I was saying is that whenever a new sponsor jumps on board, the theme should change, but it should also let returning members revert it back to the original Namepros if they choose to from a small drop down at the bottom of the screen.

Ok, cool, they sponsor Namepros and help pay off for all the server costs and hard work of RJ, but, are hardcore returning members like myself and others really going to sign up at the sponsor site after visiting Namepros 200 times after the theme has already gone up?

What I was trying to suggest is a solution for the sponsor and for the very old returning members. Most themes never bothered me, but with this one, thread titles are very hard to see on my screen.

•••
I don't mind the skin, and knowing that it helps support this site I am happy to see it for as long as it is up.
I do agree though that the light blue font colour for thread titles is a little hard on the eyes.

•••
nasaboy007 said:
HOWEVER, the theme shouldn't change the functionality of the website - i'm referring to the images that used to show up next to each subforum on the homepage that indicated if there were new posts or not. i heavily rely on these to see if there are new posts in a certain subforum, and im sure others do as well.

if that could get fixed, i'd much appreciate it. thanks.
That functionality is still there. Purple spheres with a checkmark in them means there are new posts in that forum. Plain grey means nothing new.

•••
Thanks for the info

Thanks guys for clarifying things. For a moment there I thought that NP was being invaded. :cy: :alien:

Or perhaps experienced a collision with the Bido site. :lol: Just kidding...

Whatever works for both sites works for me. Much success. : :bingo:

•••
Compared to Latona's retina burner, Bido's template colors are pale. Maybe the content appears bright because of the darker background. Even so, I kind of like the colors...at least they're lively.

Financially, advertising is inclusive; what advertisers would want to pay if they knew visitors had the ability to turn off their ad campaign with a single click right at the start of the visit?

Last edited:
•••
verbster said:
Financially, advertising is inclusive; what advertisers would want to pay if they knew visitors had the ability to turn off their ad campaign with a single click right at the start of the visit?
Exactly. :]

•••
verbster said:

Disagree.

With this type of advertising in particular, I do not think it makes sense to keep showing me this template if I do not want to see it so much that I am looking for a button to opt-out. The more I see it, the more I actually hate the template and its brand.

So if you kept seeing the same annoying pop-up, that you cannot block, from let's say....Microsoft, would you develop a better opinion about Microsoft? Or would you say "Damn this pop-up, and DAMN MICROSOFT!"?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that if a member of the site goes out so far to look for an opt-out button and open a thread to complain about it, then what really are the chances of that person converting?

I don't know if the advertising is on a CPM basis. That would be a bit of a different story. But I am assuming it is a flat-rate as all advertising services with RJ in the past were flat-rate.

•••
That functionality is still there. Purple spheres with a checkmark in them means there are new posts in that forum. Plain grey means nothing new.

Wow, adblock+ FF addon blocks those because they have the word ad in the image names XD

sorry about doubting you rj X_X

•••
My opinion is that if a member of the site goes out so far to look for an opt-out button and open a thread to complain about it, then what really are the chances of that person converting?
Chances are zero, but that's like saying TV remotes should have a button the allows TV ads to be turned off. While that might sound good to both of us, who would pay to advertise on TV? And without advertisers, money would have to be made another way, or TV (and all it supports) would go out of business...To get that feature on the remote, you would have to pay higher cable rates and such to make up for revenue lost because of fewer TV ads...so, okay, how about a compromise: Pay NP a small fee for a switch to turn off the ads that support it....each time you click it, some $NP are deducted from your account.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Disagree.

With this type of advertising in particular, I do not think it makes sense to keep showing me this template if I do not want to see it so much that I am looking for a button to opt-out. The more I see it, the more I actually hate the template and its brand.

So if you kept seeing the same annoying pop-up, that you cannot block, from let's say....Microsoft, would you develop a better opinion about Microsoft? Or would you say "Damn this pop-up, and DAMN MICROSOFT!"?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that if a member of the site goes out so far to look for an opt-out button and open a thread to complain about it, then what really are the chances of that person converting?

I don't know if the advertising is on a CPM basis. That would be a bit of a different story. But I am assuming it is a flat-rate as all advertising services with RJ in the past were flat-rate.

Thanks for expressing your opinion!

-Galel

•••
I think your being over the top.

Its not just an advertisment, Its also a help to the survival of NamePros. I'm sure if you were Bido you would want it like it is now, that may have been one of the main requests (that the design was fixed to all) for the deal in the first place.

sean
cfguru360 said:
Disagree.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back