IT.COM

The 5 worse nGTLDs, in your opinion?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
A list thread, just for fun, but also curiosity about different folks' honest opinions.

#1 .tires - gee, who needs a .tire domain?

#2 .website - what's gonna happen when .site comes out soon? Or .web next year?

#3 (tie) .ninja and .rocks - both equally awful to type and to explain. It was a bit funny to watch GoDaddy try to promote them a couple months back.

#4 green - well, especially because of the cost.. as someone pointed out in the other thread.. it should be a typo for .greed

#5 (tie) .plumbing, .international, .directory, etc. - all of the extremely long ones

#6 (bonus) .works - much more expensive and sketchy cousin of .work

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whoswho and Rich (both are equally useless but also expensive as all hell).

Horse/Fish/Fishing (Whiskey Tango Foxtrort to the lot of these)

Coach (if you squint real hard you can almost see it as a youth league sports domain)
Tires (Really?)
Rodeo (Why?)

I am sure there are more... but these are the ones that actually piss me off just by looking at them.

Cheers

•••
•••
I still think the .wang is one of the worse. I wonder how many of these are domains that are NOT sex related! ;)

f25019e1863ec963ffcaaa627e260c8cee86ab8f1fe46539f4cc29e54fa941a3.jpg

•••
.fail and .sucks are my least favourite in my own opinion out of all the new gTLDs. If a company used these domain extension it would look very un-professional. Who agrees with me.

Please like my post, if it made you laugh.

Last edited:
•••
.fail and .sucks are my least favourite in my own opinion out of all the new gTLDs. If a company used these domain extension it would look very un-professional. Who agrees with me.

What about a domain for a vacuum maker called OurBestVacuum.sucks or OurVacuum.sucks ? Unprofessional, I would say so but it would definitely get attention.

Or maybe an inspirational website called YouWillNot.fail or Never.fail?

•••
Whoswho and Rich (both are equally useless but also expensive as all hell).

Horse/Fish/Fishing (Whiskey Tango Foxtrort to the lot of these)

Coach (if you squint real hard you can almost see it as a youth league sports domain)
Tires (Really?)
Rodeo (Why?)

I am sure there are more... but these are the ones that actually piss me off just by looking at them.

Cheers

I forgot about whoswho lol. Seriously why didn't they just try for .whois instead? Would have been way better

•••
I still think the .wang is one of the worse. I wonder how many of these are domains that are NOT sex related! ;)

f25019e1863ec963ffcaaa627e260c8cee86ab8f1fe46539f4cc29e54fa941a3.jpg

huge.wang is taken :(

•••
huge.wang is taken :(
That's too bad, that would have been a nice brandable. ;)

Maybe mylong.wang or bitemy.wang will be good domains and they ARE available. At least till one of the users on this site see this thread. LOL

Myself, I was hoping for wing.wang but sadly it is taken. :(

•••
•••
chocolate.wang
vanilla.wang
Both of those along with strawberry.wang wang are all taken. Someone must have a taste for ice cream domains with .wang as the extension.

They did miss neapolitan.wang and rockyroad.wang, they are still available. ;)

•••
For me, any that is longer than 3 letters is prety terrible.

•••
.sucks deserves a special mention for their predatory (extortionist) business practices.

•••
For me, any that is longer than 3 letters is prety terrible.

for me the cutoff is 4 letters.. and that's only for premium ones.. .club, .work, etc.

•••
Don't forget .afamilycompany!

•••
•••
bobsfurnituresupplies.afamilycompany

•••
•••
.ninja is awesome. Lots of people are making fun sites with that extension. Example dirtcheap.ninja .

.xyz is probably the worst.

oh and .ooo

•••
.sucks deserves a special mention for their predatory (extortionist) business practices.

i still don't know HOW this is allowed in any format?!!

•••
I have to agree with .xyz and to throw in a fresh one .yoga it's wayyyy too niche to be viable on a wide scale imo.

•••
A list thread, just for fun, but also curiosity about different folks' honest opinions.

#1 .tires - gee, who needs a .tire domain?

#2 .website - what's gonna happen when .site comes out soon? Or .web next year?

#3 (tie) .ninja and .rocks - both equally awful to type and to explain. It was a bit funny to watch GoDaddy try to promote them a couple months back.

#4 green - well, especially because of the cost.. as someone pointed out in the other thread.. it should be a typo for .greed

#5 (tie) .plumbing, .international, .directory, etc. - all of the extremely long ones

#6 (bonus) .works - much more expensive and sketchy cousin of .work

I feel they all will fail someday. Apart from a few good ones like club, app etc and geo's like .london, .newyork etc with a wide spectrum of usage others will just fail.
.Rocks, as stupid as it sounds, may still find many fanpages like JohnTravolta.rocks, Lennon.rocks

I'd like to point out one good strategy that .science used is giving away domains for free. Many may just have booked them to sell it off, but even if less than 1% actually make a site out of it, the tld would survive. and the other 9% would be forced to keep renewing the domains as they may be one word sensible domains.
PS: I am considering 90% .science domains would be crap just because it was free.
I myself booked GoodSex.Science. But good sex was not enough and I wanted more. So I booked GreatSex.Science.

.ninja is awesome. Lots of people are making fun sites with that extension. Example dirtcheap.ninja .

.xyz is probably the worst.

oh and .ooo
I think xyz is memorable and might survive.

•••
for me the cutoff is 4 letters.. and that's only for premium ones.. .club, .work, etc.

Are you dropping your .website, .country and .click?

•••
I think xyz is memorable and might survive.

I've always liked .xyz and don't think it might survive but will. Despite all the bad press and cheap shots it's very generic. JMO ;)

•••
I've always liked .xyz and don't think it might survive but will. Despite all the bad press and cheap shots it's very generic. JMO ;)

I second that.

Of all the GTLD's. I think .xyz is one of the most sensible ones. Can be used by anyone,and can mean anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back