IT.COM

Texas man sues Fortune 500 liquor company to overturn cybersquatting decision

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Liquor company says that Rufino.com is a typo of its Ruffino brand

A Texas man who owns 60,000 domain names has sued Fortune 500 liquor company Constellation Brands, Inc in an effort to overturn an adverse Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) decision.

Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ) and its wine-making subsidiary Ruffino SRL filed a UDRP against Flower Mound, Texas resident Stanley Pace arguing that his domain name Rufino.com (one ‘f’) was typosquatting and an attempt to take advantage of the Ruffino brand. Pace countered that he owns 10,000 domain names that match surnames and that Rufino is a surname.

The UDRP panel sided with Constellation Brands. Pace filed suit in U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas to try to overturn the decision.

The suit asks for declaratory relief stating that Pace is not cybersquatting and damages for reverse domain name hijacking.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And if I had decided to use the username of Armpit 313 would you be suing me for cybersquatting and reverse username hijacking? Lol. (It's 4 am here. Think I'm getting addicted to NP & had better get some sleep.)

Lol.. No! Pls go ahead :xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
And if I had decided to use the username of Armpit 313 would you be suing me for cybersquatting and reverse username hijacking? Lol. (It's 4 am here. Think I'm getting addicted to NP & had better get some sleep.)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back