Dynadot

Temporary tattoos: Do they exist?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A colleague of mine and myself were recently discussing tattoos. He has several, and I would like to get one. I am still doubting a bit about the exact word I'd like to have though. He said that I shouldn't spend too much time considering because nowadays you can get temporary tattoos. Apparently done in the regular tattoo shops, but with a type of ink that vanishes after a 4 to 5 years. If you like the tattoo after a while, you can of course ask the tattoo shop to apply permanent ink and make the tattoo permanent. The way the guy described it, it would be like a temporary tattoo which will vanish by itself if you don't like it, or where you have 5 years time to have it done permanently if you still like the drawing after a while.

I never heard of such before. Does a thing like temporary tattoos really exist? If so, what is the term used for it and the cost compared to a regular one?

I do know semi-permanent make up exists, like eyeliner that lasts for a 3 or 4 years. But that is done with a different type of needle and different type of ink, so you cannot really compare it with tattoos.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Make up your mind on a design/word/what have you and get a real tattoo. Even if you got something that lasted only a couple/few years it would still feel "permanent" should you not be happy with it a day/month/year later...That's what tattoo removal is for.

If you're placing one between your eyebrows or on your forehead then I'd get a temporary one...maybe even a sticker instead : )

A sticker, too funny! I know a few people who wish they would have got stickers instead of the real thing(s).

•••
I suggest you to put a tattoo that is not permanent. I heard that it is hard to go in abroad if you have permanent tattoos. But again that's your choice. Know what you want.

•••
Henna tattoo is a temporary tattoo, but will just last for few days. I'll consider having this kind rather than permanent tattoos.

•••
We used to trace a design on cigarette paper and transfer it with alcohol then fill it in with india ink..

You can buy ink jet temporary tattoo supplies as well..

I wouldn't get a permanent tattoo until you were 100% sure..

•••
I wouldn't get a permanent tattoo until you were 100% sure..

Be sure that you will never have a regret in your permanent tattoo. Think wisely

•••
Henna Tattoo's are really fun to get, my girlfriend and I got matching ones, it was really fun!

•••
I've never heard of that kind of temporary tattoo, but I do know of ones you can get for like 50 cents and you can apply them yourself with water. lol

•••
Think of it this way if a "temp" tattoo took 5 years before it starts to go away it would then take another ten years for it to completely go way at that rate.

Surface ink probly what you want, Just dont bathe lol

•••
I rarely heard of countries where a tattoo is any reason to deny access or make it hard for you on custom control. OK, if you have a very controversial tattoo this may be the case, but a regular tattoo??

I heard of henna tattoos, they look great, but it is far from permanent. Sometimes lasts just a couple of days.

•••
•••
How did you make them remain in place some time, and then remove them succesfully?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back