Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
PC2PHONE.TEL

TRING.TEL

Globe7.TEL

eCall.TEL

I want to know the aprox sell price for each of them. As .TEL are new, they are currently being sold for $300. Will I get $300/each for the above domains?

Thanks! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like pc2phone.tel and ecall.tel, but it's hard to say if you'll get back $300, $3 or $3000 until a little history is gained. New extentions tend to dilute the market a bit, so who knows?

•••
IMO you could have bought stronger domains like generic keywords. Brandables are much tougher to sell as a rule.

•••
The concept behind .tel is that people on their mobile phones can type in SomeCompany.tel and immediately get contact info.

You can not change the DNS on .tel and point it to a website, so I see no value in them.

•••
Is this thread a joke? Please tell me you didnt actually reg those domains. This is the first few hours of general registration and you reg stuff that wouldnt even be worth much in .com? There is so much available and so much premium generic that will be available in the aftermarket. Get a refund if you can. Those are each worth $0.

•••
no refunds for tel if I am not wrong...

•••
nrmillions said:
Is this thread a joke? Please tell me you didnt actually reg those domains. This is the first few hours of general registration and you reg stuff that wouldnt even be worth much in .com? There is so much available and so much premium generic that will be available in the aftermarket. Get a refund if you can. Those are each worth $0.

Agreed, at least until and if it get's to a .com level, very controvercial. I like ecall.tel but not at $300, lol.

•••
Names would barley have any value in .com let alone .tel.

•••
These names are worth zero. IMO.

thetruman said:
no refunds for tel if I am not wrong...
There's a 5-day grace delete w/ $1.00 fee at Dynadot.

•••
I recommend that you get a refund asap.

Even in .com, it will be hard to sell for a decent price.

•••
You really should not be looking for apprasials on .tel becaue there is little history or substance to go on. (I believe the section asks you not to put .tel names in this section)

I am always a skeptic so sitting this one out. The true generics were snapped up too quickly and those are the ones that will sell. Good luck but I would see if you could return them. should not have a problem getting them back if the extenstion takes off.

•••
Sorry- these name just do not cut it. New untried ,untested extension- thousands of good generic relevant keywords registered and probably still available.

The market, if any, is unknown and you really have to have some top drawer names to have any chance at all.

More research needed when buying in these turbulent times. IM-HO.com

•••
Hello,
It DOES ask me for NameServers inside my panel and I guess these names CAN be used for a website.

Directly from their website:
What are the restrictions on a .tel domain?

The minimum number of characters in a .tel domain is 3 and the maximum number is 63 not including the .tel suffix. Every domain must contain at least one letter from a-z or "A to Z" in standard US ASCII script. No domain can begin or end with a hyphen nor can a domain have a hyphen in the 3rd and 4th position. A .tel domain may not consist purely of digits. The .tel naming conventions are described in detail in the Acceptable Use Policy. The reserved list is also available for review.

They just provide you with a back end. You CAN Host the domain by replacing the NS :)

I have sent Name.com an email that says the following:

Hi,
I bought the following 4 .TEL domains yesterday:

PC2PHONE.TEL
GLOBE7.TEL
ECALL.TEL
TRING.TEL

I just wanted to know if I can host these domains on my own server/hosting? If 'NO', Can I get a refund now?
I didn't know that we cannot host these domains on own hosting. I have consulted many people and they said that I won't be able to host it. But I bought the domain after seeing the "FAQ --> Restrictions of a TEL domain" on the official website. It does not say that I cannot host them on my own web hosting.

Kindly assist me with this issue
-----------------------------------------------------

I hope these domains can be hosted or I can get a refund :(

•••
no .tel appraisals yet , its at the top of the opening page for appraisals

.....yes if with dynadot you can grace delete for the cost of a dollar each

i did that for two of my three .tels

kept one for good luck

•••
Can anyone please confirm that .TEL domains cannot be hosted on our own hosting? Thank you :)

•••
Sorry, no .tel appraisals at this time. This TLD is far too new.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back