NameSilo

Ted Kennedy dies

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

bmugford

www.DataCube.comTop Member
Impact
85,964
BOSTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senator Edward Kennedy, a towering figure in the Democratic Party who took the helm of one of America's most fabled political families after two older brothers were assassinated, has died, his family said. He was 77.

"Edward M. Kennedy, the husband, father, grandfather, brother and uncle we loved so deeply, died late Tuesday night at home in Hyannis Port (Massachusetts)," the Kennedy family said in a statement.

One of the most influential and longest-serving senators in U.S. history -- a liberal standard-bearer who was also known as a consummate congressional dealmaker -- Kennedy had been battling brain cancer, which was diagnosed in May 2008.

"We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever," the family statement said.
 
2
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I like how one person cant handle a conversation and has to start insulting members of the NP communities since we do not share the same belief that Teddy boy was a great member of society.
 
0
•••
I understand why some members would feel insulted when someone else disrespects someone that they respected and/or liked recently died. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't understand why those who were insulted by comments would have negative opinions on those who insulted them.

One thing I don't understand was the comment that his policies left little to be desired. If anyone thinks they can explain or give examples, do it. He probably has done more good than anyone here. I probably think this statement was brought about by political differences and I don't see any merit in that. I may be more liberal than conservative, but if a Republican Senator/Representative/President/etc. died, I would take whatever accomplishments I saw and put them into consideration. If I couldn't find any, I still wouldn't bash them. It's called respect for the dead.

And about him being a "murderer", he did wrong by not calling the authorities, but I definitely don't think he killed her. He was only charged with leaving the scene. I do believe he tried to rescue her and those who would say differently will not be able to back anything up, as I can't back my opinion up because nobody was there.

So, my concluding statement:
R.I.P. Edward Kennedy. You were a great man and your accomplishments will never be forgotten.
 
1
•••
Iam sure the entire world community will miss him.He was a great politician and human as well.Too bad he didn't won the presidency when he contested it but nevertheless he was someone as important as Barack Obama,perhaps even more influential then him!
well we can only dream of a person like him in the future
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back