Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

domain Tapei.asia

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaguirePhD

Account Closed
Impact
9
Any thoughts on Tapei.asia.

I know the domain extension is new and the market not developed as of yet but I was curious as to the thoughts of others in this forum.

My research shows it is a city of some 2.63MM people, similar in size to Chicago here in the U.S.

Thanks,

Doc
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Are you talking about the capital city of Taiwan ?

In this case, I think the correct spelling is "Taipei" and not "Tapei".
 
0
•••
was that supposed o be taipei?
 
0
•••
Tapei or taipei are both used interchangeably,

It is similar to Macao or Macau

Doc

If you google Tapei, you will find this spelling in numerous entries.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
In Google there are :

- 26,500,000 results for Taipei
- 96,500 results for Tapei (and I'm not sure they're all about this city)

So they're not exactly "used interchangeably".

I would think that unfortunately tapei.asia has far less value than taipei.asia
 
0
•••
MaguirePhD said:
Tapei or taipei are both used interchangeably,

It is similar to Macoa or Macau

Doc

If you google tapei, you will find this spelling in numerous entries.

Wrong on the first count it is Taipei- and it is Macao not Macoa :tri:

Little value if any.
 
0
•••
Yes, Michael I agree entirely and the number is much smaller but Tapei is used.

I am familiar with the spelling as I used to train special units from there and their police force used the spelling of Tapei not Taipei.

My regging this was it is not a mis-spelling that may get hits. It is an actual usage preferred by many older Taiwanese.

The below is taken from the Internet:

Welcome to Tapei City Police Department
Dr. Weng assisted Grandmaster Ch'ang Tung-sheng in the 1970s at the Central Police College R.O.C in Tapei as an assistant instructor, and received his



Any value that you see?

Doc

The Macau Special Administrative Region, commonly known as Macau or Macao (traditional Chinese: 澳門; simplified Chinese: 澳门; pinyin: Aòmén), is one of the two special administrative regions of the People's Republic of China
 
0
•••
I'm not sure if it's a typo or not, but if I go to the official site of the Taipei City Police Department (English version)

http://www.tcpd.gov.tw/tcpd_english/

It clearly states "Taipei" and not "Tapei".

Now I'm not Taiwanese and I'm not at all an expert in this country. So you may well be right and Tapei may be used by some older Taiwanese people.

But I guess the value of this domain will depend (more or less) entirely on its traffic (whether it is from typos or from older Taiwanese people)

So you should maybe park it for a while and see how well it does.
 
0
•••
Wot

Macoa instead of Macao WAS a typo on my part; however, Macau is also used.

Just as Tapei and Taipei. Yes, Taipei is the more used.

Doc
 
0
•••
Please do not send me pm's particularly when you are wrong , I am fully aware of the spellings of Macao / Macao - certainly not Macoa.

I also own Aòmén.com and Macao.hk + other Chinese related names including .tw in both ascii and IDN - .tw - Taiwan, capital Taipei.

Thank you
 
0
•••
Michael

Michael

Thank you for looking that spelling up.

I readily agree that Tapei it is not the comtemporary spelling, it was the original spelling. When it actually evolved from Tapei to Taipei, I am not certain.

I wil find out as my father-in-law was born there.

Doc
 
0
•••
The name has two ways to value in my opinion.

1. If it is a popular enough word to get type in traffic in this extension, then the name is worth whatever that traffic is worth.

2. On the other hand at the time of my post, tapei.net, tapei.org, tapei.info, tapei.mobi, etc., were all unregistered, so on that basis I value tapei.asia at less than the reg fee.

Extra Credit: If the name was developed into the premier site for people looking for tapei, then the value would be dramatically higher.
 
0
•••
John, that makes sense. Or sell it to someone over here in the U.S. who doesn't know how to spell either of them and reacpture reg. fee plus a profit.

Thanks,

Doc
 
0
•••
MaguirePhD said:
Or sell it to someone over here in the U.S. who doesn't know how to spell either of them and reacpture reg. fee plus a profit

You're dreaming now... :laugh:
 
0
•••
John:

Tapei at google shows 99,900...small, I agree.

No, John I know a bunch of people that could not spell Cat if you spotted then the C and the A
 
0
•••
$0, getting desperate when the hope it is to sell to someone whose spelling is as bad as yours is.
 
0
•••
Option 1. of my answer is where the value might lie. I have geo names that make a profit, China cities like Bejing, Arizona cities like Phenix, Pheonix and Tuscon. I won't win any spelling bees with them, but that's not why I own them... Good luck with it.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
THANKS, Spoon

I hope you got it...
 
0
•••
less than reg fee
tapei.net org info biz tv are all available :bingo:
 
0
•••
RegFee
Should also Register Formosa.Asia in case any one still
thinks that is name of the Island.

And unlike a lot of Westeners I have been to the
Republic of China,Taiwan or Chinese Taipei as it is often called.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back