Dynadot

question TA.CO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alessandro Couteau

Top Member
Impact
Did everyone see TacoBell just bought the GTLD Ta.co ;)

Wonderful News for .CO owners

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BUT IF EVERY FAST FOOD CHAIN WENT WITH THIS MANEUVER THEN WED HAVE A DOMINO EFFECT !!!

A little over 5 years ago Overstock.com purchased O.co for $350,000....

The only domino effect I saw after that was the registries banking off the domainers with pipe dreams of $$$$$.

But soon the dreams are crushed and reality kicks in....

So does the credit card bill....

History always repeats itself.

Nothing new here to see...

•••
A little over 5 years ago Overstock.com purchased O.co for $350,000....

The only domino effect I saw after that was the registries banking off the domainers with pipe dreams of $$$$$.

But soon the dreams are crushed and reality kicks in....

So does the credit card bill....

History always repeats itself.

Nothing new here to see...

Can't blame you for you're bad investments or mine. I don't invest in .CO.
But the point of this thread was to show yet another company marketing themselves other then a ******* TLD ...

Scared money don't make money

•••
ta-co.jpg

http://domainnamewire.com/2015/09/28/another-co-win-taco-bell-using-ta-co/

•••
•••
I think acquiring and advertising TA.CO actually makes sense for them. It's "cool". Will they be advertising it in a year from now? Who knows. The fast food industry has always been known to try new stuff in marketing, then drop it a second later.

They're a fast food chain so their web presence and doing business online isn't their focus or model, so losing traffic by people seeing "TA.CO" on their TV screen in a commercial and not knowing what the hell that means isn't a major loss or really that important, kinda like if you get it, you get it, cool, otherwise no biggie, unlike O.co or another business that actually relies on you finding them online. It's almost like an 'easter egg' for TacoBell imo.

BTW, it redirects to TacoBell.com and I bet TacoBell.com probably gets more plain old type-ins every day than their advertised TA.CO url shortener.

Quirky hack and marketing gimmick but this form of passive marketing doesn't make a huge impact on anything worth taking into consideration when investing in this tld. IMHO.
One problem with advertising other exts, is that people are so programmed after over a decade of .com, that they may just type in ta.com. TA Associates would then end up with the traffic, although they could remove the M, or they could type in the full URL for tacobell.com if they know where they are going.

One thing I noticed, is that Taco Bell has made the video private on youtube, that Domain Name Wire posted on their article. I own one .co, so I am not invested like some others, but it is a good name for me, and the name works as a sort of domain hack for the industry I am useing it for, "Amish.co/okbooks."

•••
Can't blame you for you're bad investments or mine. I don't invest in .CO.
But the point of this thread was to show yet another company marketing themselves other then a ******* TLD ...

Scared money don't make money
That's not the point at all.

The point is to pump up .co. If it was about marketing then every developed .co would have a thread. Don't get me wrong, I like the right .co but what one company buys or registers is irrelevant.

•••
The point is to pump up .co.
By doing a mere redirect to .com ? Ok, not everybody pays attention to the URL but still...

•••
By doing a mere redirect to .com ? Ok, not everybody pays attention to the URL but still...
It's the point of the thread, not the purchase...

•••
It's a start. Not a means to an end.
The same was said for the COM generation when people could buy BankLoans.com for 2K and hold for five to ten years and voila; the investment would grow as it should but again not always is the case

•••
Decided to punish myself with some Taco Bell today and noticed that the order screen was alternating between my order and this ad (meaning it's being shown to 100% of the drive-thru customers).

taco.jpg

Someone's already probably mentioned it, but there ya go.

•••
Decided to punish myself with some Taco Bell today and noticed that the order screen was alternating between my order and this ad (meaning it's being shown to 100% of the drive-thru customers).

taco.jpg

Someone's already probably mentioned it, but there ya go.
I have seen that they use that domain around their place here and there.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back