Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

SVG vs. Flash for dynamic 2D graphics?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

sky

Established Member
Impact
40
Hi, I'm not trying to start a flame war here (if there is that level of debate going on, which I doubt).

I have Adobe CS3, which bundles with Flash, which I've never used before.

The application I envision requires some dynamic 2D rendering, preferably just drawn on the string real time in response to function calls from JavaScript. I'd rather not have to send the request back to the server to render into an image and fetch the image.

What is the best way to use the browser page like a 2D canvas and draw on it from JavaScript, if any. I'm guessing SVG, but I read somewhere that SVG's closest competitor is Flash, and I've never thought of Flash as being the kind of tool that would do what I want in regard to what I stated above.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back