NameSilo

Subdomain Hosting on another server

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

cancer10in

Established Member
Impact
0
Hi

First of all I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section, mods pls move it to the right section if so.


I have a domain name say abc.com hosted on a server say "Server1"

I have created a subdomain for that domain say chat.abc.com

Now, what I want is, I want to host chat.abc.com to another server say "Server2", which means chat.abc.com should point to another Server2 instead of Server1.

Please tell me the steps to do this (changing DNS records etc).


I will be highly greateful to you. Please?


Thank you so much in advance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi

First of all I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section, mods pls move it to the right section if so.


I have a domain name say abc.com hosted on a server say "Server1"

I have created a subdomain for that domain say chat.abc.com

Now, what I want is, I want to host chat.abc.com to another server say "Server2", which means chat.abc.com should point to another Server2 instead of Server1.

Please tell me the steps to do this (changing DNS records etc).


I will be highly greateful to you. Please?


Thank you so much in advance.


Hi there,

All you need to do is change your zone file for abc.com

and give each subdomain a unique IP address of

where the server is.

Example.


chat IN A 66.46.96.123


Hope this helps. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back