IT.COM

Stupid domain names

NameSilo
Watch
read it on another forum and... ROFL!!!
couldn't help it, decided to let you guys read it too.

All of these are legitimate companies dealing in regular products and services, but they didn't think their domain names through! Take note of their 'Domain Names' !

Some of them are prime candidates for the "What was I thinking?" Award!

1). A site called 'Who represents' where you can find the name of The agent that represents a celebrity. Their domain name is: www.whorepresents.com

2). 'Experts Exchange', a knowledge base where programmers can Exchange advice and views at: www.expertsexchange.com

3). Looking for a pen? Look no further than 'Pen Island' at:
www.penisland.net

4) Need a 'therapist'? Try 'Therapist Finder' at:
www.therapistfinder.com

5). Then of course, there's the ' Italian Power Generator Company' - www.powergenitalia.com

6). And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales: www.molestationnursery.com

7). If you're looking for computer software, there's always
www.ipanywhere.com

8. Welcome to the First cumming Methodist Church. Their website is www.cummingfirst.com

9). Then, of course, there's these brainless art designers, and their
wacky website: www.speedofart.com

10). Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at:
www.gotahoe.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Aaah great stuff.. thanks for posting this. Incredibly hilarious.

I especially liked gotahoe.com and penisland.net...

This is a nice marketing trick, too. Now I will never forget their websites! How many of you got instantly memorable domain names?? There's something about non sequitur humor that is very effective.

I think penisland are onto themselves...here's their logo:

•••
That list never gets old, I see it posted on forums every few months and it's completely hilarious every time!

•••
•••
first time I saw it... hahaha

•••
:lol: some cracking ones there.

•••
for a domainer, this post is what will make every one lagh.

Any other members with such sites?

•••
#8 is bad :)
Of course, with the town name of Cumming, anything they chose was probably going to be hilarious!

•••
WhorePresents.com :bah:
oops, I mean WhoRepresents.com :hehe:

•••
•••
•••
InsideDN said:
Wow...hats off to you :o

That domain is dedicated to people that have stupid domains and want to sell them for big bucks! :D

•••
Had to read it again.... still laughing out loud.. powegenitalia is a good one too..

•••
Always get a laugh out of this, brightens up the day no end

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back